• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thats much better

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
Took the XJ down to Allentown this morning and a shop down there pulled my drivers seat and stripped it down, repaired and reinforced the frame fixing 2 broken welds, new stuffing, put it all back in. He did it 5 years ago and none of his welds broke. Did it while I went and had breakfast. All and all a worthwhile $100, $105 counting breakfast, at least I can drive it again without hurting my back, it was that bad, the hour and half last friday driving up from philly to move my daughter home about killed me. It's so cushy now I don't even have to take my wallet out of my back pocket :D

Got back home and picked up a new door check retainer pin for $7 from the dodge dealer and it went right in, no more cranky groaning from the roll pin I put in there about 3 years ago. Gas is down to $3.55 in Allentown so I filled up. So far a nice day all in all.
The retainer pin is like a roll pin only tapered on one end, it also has two raised ring areas on both ends that when the pin is put in and expands it locks it in top and bottom unlike a standard roll pin which works it's way up and down through normal use. Gotta quit procrastinating on this small stuff, time to head to the body shop and see how much jerry wants to fix the passenger side rear from that too close encounter with the pepsi truck.

That's a good deal on the seat work.

ChiXJeff said:
That's a good deal on the seat work.

It was $50 more than the last time he did it 5 years ago, inflation or global warming I guess.

It's time to head to Harry's and get some ZJ seats. Over the past year or so, they've put a lot more of them in the U-Pull-It side, most with decent interior parts. My son picked up a beautiful set of electric leathers from a '95 Limited. There were others to choose a few weeks ago.

Back