• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trouble code P1698

89cherokeexj

NAXJA Forum User
My mom's check engine light came on today. Put our OBDII scanner on it and it pulled this code (1698). Couldn't find too much about it on here. I just want to know where to start or what I should replace. Transmission is shifting fine, and everything else is working as normal.

98 Cherokee Classic 2wd Auto

what was the code saying i dont have a book and prob couldn't help even if i did but you might get more replies if you told them

my info suggests that one of the modules on the trucks ccd network is causing a problem. the way to test it is to take a digital multi meter and test for 2.5 volts at pin 3 and then at pin 11 of the diagnostic connector. if you find one is dead, you need to start disconnecting modules and rechecking the voltage until it comes back. then replace the module. I'd start with the trans module. i believe they were problematic iirc.

hth

I'm sorry about that, the explanantion for the code is no ccd signal recieved from transmission control module.

I had the same code come up the other day and found that the ground wire had come undone under the coil mount. Just another thing to check as well.

Back