• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Baja 1000 Nov 21st

Junk Yard Dog

NAXJA Forum User
We're making plans now for a trip south of the border for the Baja 1000 in November. We would like to get a few vehicles to travel together. Safer that way. We will be heading south to Ensenada the morning of 11/21 for tech & reg. Then, depending on where the course is laid out, we may head south & camp along the coast south of Santo Tomas. There is a beautiful off road route from Santo Tomas to the coast w/some gorgeous campsites right on the beach. We will be returning on Monday, 11/24 or Tuesday 11/25. The race is on Sat 11/22 so if you need to return on Sunday for work on Monday, that is possible. There will be a long wait at the border on Sunday & you must have either a passport or pic ID w/birth certificate to get back into the USA. We prefer to return on Monday or Tuesday. There is also an excellent off road route all the way to Tecate if anyone feels like an adventurous return trip.
Anyone that is interested, please reply to me here:

[email protected]
Mark Johnston

Junk Yard Dog said:
We're making plans now for a trip south of the border for the Baja 1000 in November. We would like to get a few vehicles to travel together. Safer that way. We will be heading south to Ensenada the morning of 11/21 for tech & reg. Then, depending on where the course is laid out, we may head south & camp along the coast south of Santo Tomas. There is a beautiful off road route from Santo Tomas to the coast w/some gorgeous campsites right on the beach. We will be returning on Monday, 11/24 or Tuesday 11/25. The race is on Sat 11/22 so if you need to return on Sunday for work on Monday, that is possible. There will be a long wait at the border on Sunday & you must have either a passport or pic ID w/birth certificate to get back into the USA. We prefer to return on Monday or Tuesday. There is also an excellent off road route all the way to Tecate if anyone feels like an adventurous return trip.
Anyone that is interested, please reply to me here:

[email protected]
Mark Johnston

Hey Mark, I responded to your email, and I am in. I am planning on towig my XJ down Thursday, although I probably can not go to Santo Tomas since I am chasig for a 1600 car, would still like to caravan down with the bunch and hang out at contingency and stuff!

Tony

I might be interested... I have been trying to get down to the 1000 for a few years now... I have to see how much money I have and I will let you know for sure...

I'm gonna be chasing for a class 8. I plan on going all the way. I gotta be at the finish for the party when we win our class!!!!
I'm not sure when I'm heading down yet but a caravan is always cool.
I sure hope my BAJA XJ plates arrive before the 1000...damn DMV

Someone told me that they may not let me through the border because my jeep is painted like a military vehicle anyone confirm/deny?

Is it just olive drab or does it have ensignia and stars too?
About 4 years ago I drove my 53 M38A1 (painted olive drab...no stars or other markings) and towed my very original M100 trailer (also olive drab) across the border and down to Bay of LA. No problemo then.

BajaCurt said:
of course they made me take off the 50 cal machine gun :)
LOL.....

Just painted green, you should be ok......now like Curt said, Insignias and stuff could cause an issue!

the only marking on it is my POW/MIA badge

Back