• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motion Offroad contact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoparManiac

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone else having issues contacting Motion Offroad?

I have their CB antenna mount and it didn't quite fit right. Emailed them last week, got a reponse, took pics and emailed back, and haven't heard from them since.

I should probably just call...

Maybe I'm just impatient :D

Last edited:
Good Luck.
That is one of the very few companies on my list of "do not order from".

That place sucks, they sell everyone else's stuff for more with their name on it.

I bought some MJ lift springs for my XJ from them and they were great. Cheap nice product and super fast delievery. They anwsered right away when I called them.

Stay away from Motion, Like was said sells other peoples parts as his own. he has been banned from other boards for this. Stay away from it , he also runs a site called Greatlakes XJ. A few of us got the screws from him.

I'm too lazy to find the link, but search on Jeepforum.com as well. I actually resigned/ended membership and forum id from the XJ club that MotionOffroad had ties too.

Someone was recommending this guy the other day (maybe over on JU?). The name rang a bell, but I couldn't find anything. Glad it popped up over here.

I brought up some issues I had with him constantly posting with shameless plugs for his site on comancheclub.com. I put up a post with links to some other troubles he has had on other forums and that post was removed. I guess he is limited to comancheclub since he is banned from all other offroad forums.
http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/v...ic.php?t=11580

they told me to drop it on comanche club, so everyone else can kiss his ass since he is such a valuable forum member.

goblazers_6 said:
they told me to drop it on comanche club, so everyone else can kiss his ass since he is such a valuable forum member.

I've noticed to that they let him do whatever he wants on there. I used to love going on there, but now its gotten rediculous, Evrytime Lead_not_follow posts Hes got some amazing new product from Motion Offroad. Its obvious its one guy under two names advertizing his junk.

After this topic got bumped back to front page, they finally e-mailed me back after about 2 weeks of waiting.

They said I should have talked to them before modifying the mount to fit my XJ.

Whatever, I'll eat it and attempt to make my own. Talk about a crappy product. They clearly don't differentiate between 96- and 97+ XJs with the antenna mount, they just send the same one out. To me, there seems to be a definite difference between the mounting points.

goblazers_6 said:

Yup, on a forum that is about Jeep Comanches I do indeed value the input from a knowledgeable Jeep Comanche owner that likes to talk about his Jeep Comanche and help other Jeep Comanche owners with their Jeep Comanches. Shocking as it may be, I don't care about his business practices as long as he is not actively cheating any CC members. I only care that he likes to help other owners with their trucks. That's it. I'm not "kissing his ass" simply because I wouldn't let you argue about it in the CC forums. I don't want the drama on the site. People complained about his pimping, I told him to knock it off, and he has. You win. The forum is better off for it and we thank you. But I will not ban someone over allegations from other sites. I've never banned anyone ever and I don't plan to start now. Anyone that wants to talk about MJs is welcome at the site. Period. If anyone ever has any problems with the site or another member, PM me and I'll see what I can do.
Dan, if something on the site bothers you, I can't do anything about it unless I know.
Jeep on!
--Pete

Pete M said:
I've never banned anyone ever and I don't plan to start now.
--Pete
Doesn't seem like a good reason not to ban a fraud.

Well I never meant for this to bring back hatred for someone, just wondering why the service/product wasn't up to par for what I paid.

Oh well.

oo7ravisXJ said:
Doesn't seem like a good reason not to ban a fraud.

Let me put it another way. If Michael Vick popped up on the site and it turned out that he was a big fan of MJs and liked to help out fellow owners with their truck problems, I'd have no problems with him being there as long as he behaved himself. The site is about the trucks and anyone that wants to talk about them in a friendly manner is free to do so.
--Pete

Really wishing I found this post prior to working with those guys. Hands down the slowest shipping and worst customer service I have ever dealt with.

Been waiting close to a MONTH for my complete order to ship, and the parts arn't even back ordered.

A second order, which was on back order, its now at 32 days old, but the part is in stock. My buddy ordered it within the last week and it shipped in two days. Where's mine? Again, no answer from motion but "It will ship soon"

Secondly, what I have received was incomplete per the packing list/web advert and they won't respond...

Live and learn I guess. They won't get another dime from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back