• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

door hinge fix

Mstrkage

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 84 cherokee that the previous owner decide to make doorless. He didn't do any mods of any kind just simply took the hinges apart and removed the doors:passgas: Now I am missing the bolts, or maybe they are pins, I really have no idea, that actually hold the two hinge halves together. I currently have whatever bolt and or random allen wrench:looser: the p.o. could find holding the hinges together. Now the doors hang funny and leak water like a sive.
Does anyone know what bolt sizes or pins fit in these hinges. I have tried the local ACE hardware trying to find the right bolt but to no avail. Thanks for any help
also if you have a set of hinges with all needed parts:yelclap: I would be willing to buy them.

Look at a nearby thread where a guy was asking for help taking his doors off. It was just a couple days ago and it had links to some external write-ups with pictures. Assuming your 84 has the same type of hinge (which may or may not be true since 84s are different in a lot of ways), this might help you two ways. First, pictures of a complete assembly. Second, it described what sounded like a pretty simple way to modify the hinge to make the doors removable on impulse, which would be better than permanently reattaching them.

That's a damned good idea. I have finally gotten fed up with the wind noise and water leaks from the sagging doors and messed up hinges, I really just wanted to fix the problem. But I guess it is a good idea while I'm in there to go ahead and take care of the mod.
Thanks

Back