• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

This Marvin thing is........

Monkey55

NAXJA Forum User
This Marvin thing is weird!!!! :wow:

Does anyone else think Johnny's behavior is a little unusual??

Think about it. Johnny is pretty mellow. He's open minded and get's along with almost everyone. :peace: He doesn't drink and keeps a tan year round. :sunshine:

Recently, he went to Las Vegas to buy a vehicle he has never seen before, then drives it back to Orange County in 90* to 100* heat.. He doesn't tell anyone... :eyes: Then, on the way home, he gives it a name. :confused1

Now, it's Marvin this, Marvin that.. :repair:

Humanizing an inanimate object can be an issue. :shocked:

Johnny, we are just concerned about you.. :spin1:

Please join the team to help Johnny.. I think we need an intervention. :lickout:

:D

Instead of "Free Andy" stickers, we need "Help Johnny" stickers... ;)

E

Maybe he had an alien experience on the drive back from Vegas.....:attom:

Johnny - know your friends are here for you.....

:roflmao:

Actually, the PO named it Marvin. Remember the Marvin the Martian mud flaps and floor mats?

I have never named any of my vehicles. And if I ever did, it would be a girl's name. Believe me, I don't like the name myself. But everybody else always refers to the MJ as Marvin, so...

I've always said that I'm the sanest person I know. So I'm all for giving up the Marvin thing. But you all have to stop it too.

And thank you very much for your concern. It touches me deeply. :wierd:

NO MORE MARVIN :wave1:

Elias said:
This Marvin thing is weird!!!! :wow:

Does anyone else think Johnny's behavior is a little unusual?? (((YES))) ;););)

Think about it. Johnny is pretty mellow. He's open minded and get's along with almost everyone. :peace: He doesn't drink and keeps a tan year round. :sunshine:

Recently, he went to Las Vegas to buy a vehicle he has never seen before, then drives it back to Orange County in 90* to 100* heat.. He doesn't tell anyone... :eyes: Then, on the way home, he gives it a name. :confused1

Now, it's Marvin this, Marvin that.. :repair:

Humanizing an inanimate object can be an issue. :shocked:

Johnny, we are just concerned about you.. :spin1:

Please join the team to help Johnny.. I think we need an intervention. :lickout:

Instead of "Free Andy" stickers, we need "Help Johnny" stickers... ;)

E

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way..

xjohnnyc said:

Johnny, I'm glad you are ready to move on and I'm glad that you didn't go into full-blown denial. We would have had to taken "extreme" measures. :pirate1:

You have taken the first steps to recovery. :yelclap:

Now, no matter what anyone else calls you MJ, you have to resist the temptation to fall back into that delusional state of mind. :lecture:

Your Concerned Friend,
E

HELP JOHNNY

xjohnnyc said:
Actually, the PO named it Marvin. Remember the Marvin the Martian mud flaps and floor mats?

I have never named any of my vehicles. And if I ever did, it would be a girl's name. Believe me, I don't like the name myself. But everybody else always refers to the MJ as Marvin, so...

I've always said that I'm the sanest person I know. So I'm all for giving up the Marvin thing. But you all have to stop it too.

Johnny, naming vehicles is a must! I've named all my vehciles! You should name vehicles like I have.

First you need to own the vehicle for a bit, about a day or two, that way you know it's personality.

Here is a list of all my vehicles and their names.

1966 Ford Mustang: The Mustang
1989 Jeep Cherokee: The Red Jeep
1971 Ford F250: The Truck
1988 Jeep Cherokee: The Chief
1996 Jeep Cherokee: The ninety-six

Honorable mentions.

Holly's 2005 Mini Cooper S Convertable: The Mini
My mom's (well legally mine...) 1995 Dodge Neon: The Neon

GSequoia said:
Johnny, naming vehicles is a must! I've named all my vehciles! You should name vehicles like I have.

First you need to own the vehicle for a bit, about a day or two, that way you know it's personality.

Here is a list of all my vehicles and their names.

1966 Ford Mustang: The Mustang
1989 Jeep Cherokee: The Red Jeep
1971 Ford F250: The Truck
1988 Jeep Cherokee: The Chief
1996 Jeep Cherokee: The ninety-six

Honorable mentions.

Holly's 2005 Mini Cooper S Convertable: The Mini
My mom's (well legally mine...) 1995 Dodge Neon: The Neon

Now that's a healthy approach to personalizing a car.

Here are my names:

'55 Chevy - The 55
'99 White XJ - The Jeep
'89 XJ - The Beast
'03 CBR - My Bike
'64 Chevy Truck - The White-Trash Hill-Billy-Looking Gross-Polluting Piece-of-Sh!t :gee:

E

The Blackmobile. Started with the green 94 Tracker, but carried it to the XJ since it's actually black...if only I were a little darker, I might match.

I like all this originality.
Many of my cars get names just like many of you have done.
The diesel, The Mustang, The RV (or The Motorhome), the first rig I ever owned that got a name was my dune buggie. Jump This was a name my wife gave it.
Bill Burge named my Cherokee for me...

Hmm.

I call my XJ "the truck" and my 1962 F100 "The Ford".

Sometimes i even confuse myself.

i named my XJ "frankie" after a girl i knew in jr high that would go around beating up boys and taking thier lunch money. that was one tough b*$%# and so is my jeep :D

I refuse to name my XJ because as soon as I do...I'll roll it and will have a harder time saying goodbye. Keeping my distance

Back