• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

used car salesman RANT

Skullver

Still Flailing
I am fuming right now!

Got a hold of Mitsubishi of Anaheim through autotrader about a 1996 Dodge 2500 diesel 4x4 to tow the race truck, the guy TJ I talked to told me he would hold the truck for me and to get down there(I told him I for sure wanted it and offered up a non-refundable deposit which he declined and said no problem just get down here the truck is good as yours), around 90 miles through the thick of the LA traffic, (reads 2+hours of hell each way). So I get there and the truck is nowhere to be seen, I start freaking out until I see it pull up and some old dude gets out and starts talking about going to the nearest wells fargo, then I got ANGRY.

Long story short he sold it as I pulled in( he even called me twice as I was heading down to make sure I was coming, probably with the older dude right there playing the price), it seemed like he was playing both of us, he never told me that there was a possibility it would be sold. This is bad but what really got me is he didn't even apologize but in the same breath tells me he has a Toyota he could hook me up with, I told him in some not so kind words that I could very easily put that yota where I thought it belonged, and that is definitely not in front of my race truck.

Needless to say I am super disappointed and absolutely fuming mad, no offense to any of you honest car salesmen(I have met one or two). I can see his position about not taking dibs due to flakes but at least be honest as opposed to I have YOUR keys right here, he thought he could lure me down there and sell me some other pos and never had any intention of "holding" the truck for me, and another guy had even said the older guy had been there the previous day about the truck which was not mentioned to me.

Anyways I am in the market for a Dodge 2500 diesel 4x4 if any of you guys have a line on one or know where I can find one(have cash$$), I am not scared to drive across the country(as long as the truck WILL be there), whatever it takes.

Sorry but had to vent, may seem like no biggie but the truck was like nothing I have been able to find(and most likely never will:(), 77k original miles, long bed, camper shell, crew cab...basically my dream truck....gone!

Thanks

1) You should be buying ford.

2) Call Goatman. Even if you don't want a Ford, you should call Goatman.

cal said:
1) You should be buying ford.

2) Call Goatman. Even if you don't want a Ford, you should call Goatman.
I am open to options, but sort of set on Cummins. What is the deal with goatman??
Thanks
Chris

Skullvarian said:
I am open to options, but sort of set on Cummins. What is the deal with goatman??
Thanks
Chris

He's the used car manager for one of the largest ford dealerships on the west coast, specializing in trucks.

cal said:
He's the used car manager for one of the largest ford dealerships on the west coast, specializing in trucks.
sounds good to me, if somebody could pm me his number, email addy/contact info I will give him a call tomorrow. I have a few more leads but nothing very exciting at this point.
Thanks

We have a large truck lot here in town and usually has some really good Dodge 2500's if you really did want to drive across the country to get one, then Alabama is no better place. This lot usually only carries big 2500/3500 trucks. I'm in the middle of building a stroker so I won't just run look at them for you unless you really might drive here to get one (I really really doubt it). But if you did and you drove down in a car you wanted to just leave with me (forever) that'd be cool with me too.

Just throwing that out there for you. I really can go check if you really do wanna drive down here.

--Alex

Skullvarian said:
Thanks
Chris

You are looking at this the COMPLETELY wrong way

With these trucks weigh the negatives NOT the positives.

DODGE: Cummins=best / tranny=worst / rest of vehicle = questionable / axles = solid
CHEVY: Engine = blah / Tranny = best / rest of vehicle = ok / axles = ifs :puke:
FORD: Engine = OK / Tranny (2003+) = good / rest of vehicle = ok / axles = solid

All have a metric fawkton of power so don't worry about that but if I had the option I would have a Cummins engine with an allison tranny and a ford chassis/suspension ;)

Stallacrew said:
We have a large truck lot here in town and usually has some really good Dodge 2500's if you really did want to drive across the country to get one, then Alabama is no better place. This lot usually only carries big 2500/3500 trucks. I'm in the middle of building a stroker so I won't just run look at them for you unless you really might drive here to get one (I really really doubt it). But if you did and you drove down in a car you wanted to just leave with me (forever) that'd be cool with me too.

Just throwing that out there for you. I really can go check if you really do wanna drive down here.

--Alex
thanks much, I just got back from Arkansas but if the right deal came along I would cash in some miles and fly out there and drive home, I'll let you know if my poor luck continues around here, appreciate the offer and good luck with the stroking:)

man that blows.... i have had similar storries about salesmen in general... i got a buddy thats a sales maneger at sunrise ford that can hook you up.. they dont have a huge selsection of used trucks though....

i agree with cracker.... the cummins are one of the best engines.. but too bad its stuck onto a dodge body... those trucks are a POS....

chevy will give you a good tranny and a great ride... but thats about it...

the ford is a pretty good all around truck... if you want reliable go with a 7.3L... but their trans suck so right off the bat get it rebuilt with at least a valve body and tripple disc TC... talk to John woods for a built trans... after that their isnt a whole lot wrong with the 7.3L

some engine mods will help it get faster....

let me know if you have any questions about the ford Powrstrokes.... im more familiar with the PSD since i drive one than i am of the cummins and duramax

-Raul

silverslk said:
Whats your price range? 4x4 or not? long bed? short bed? 4 door? x-cab?

I surf the net all day and always find deals. I'll look for you if you can tell me what.
4x4 diesel are my only musts, I have been on the net literally since I sold my truck 2 days ago(local dealers have NOTHING), I am on a mission. Please let me know if you do find something though, I have hit every craigslist, autotrader, tradeexpress, ebay add within 500 miles of me and that radius only seems to be growing, nobody wants to get rid of their cummins unless it has over 100k miles it seems, or $20k plus which is out of my range. Thanks though, I would be very thankfull!

whats the price range.... i saw a 2004 cummins crew cab short bed with 64k on the clock for 12k.. crap but it wasnt 4x4... ill search and see what i can find

That sucks Chris, there is a small lot here in Santa Barbara that sells mostly fullsize trucks and vans and doesn't seem to advertise online or on trade express, I'll see if there is any fullsize 4x4 diesel there under 20K for you tomorrow if I get a chance...

Dude i hate car salesmen(most of them anyways). They're always dicking around with people. It pisses me off.

FWIW, Jimmy's Dad has a Cummins 2500 Diesel 4x4 and loves it. He goes everywhere and tows everything with it.

Good luck finding one.

P.S. dont go Ford. Fcuk that. :D

Elias said:
Oh Cal.....................................................................

I won't say it, but you know what I'm thinking.. :D ... :kissyou:

E

That you should ditch your 63 chevy and pickup a ford like a man? ;)

Back