• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuse panel

ok i got a 88 4.0 5spd and i have had this problem for a few months i have no power to the truck's ing system turn the key and theres nothin no lights no buzzer nothin so i changed the swich and still nothin but there is power in the main harness till the fire wall so the only thing i can see it being it the panel. i went to look at it to day and there is water in it.
so the next thing to do is change it or is it a lose??
has anyone here canged on on thers???

Here is a thread that will explain the problems that many, if not most, of us with the 5spd have had with the fuse panel:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=72918&highlight=fuse+panel

The Dot3 brake fluid used in the clutch master cylinder is very corrosive and attracts moisture. I never did a proper flush and cleaning and paid the price for years with dissolving fuses and corroding contacts.

There are other threads back in this general time frame that may go into more detail about the cleaning procedure. This should get you started -- come back if this doesn't seem to apply in your case.

Back