• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Workin on new Xmember

GermanXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Smashed the crap outa my old transfercase crossmember a few days ago.
This is my progress so far. If anyone sees anything wrong with how I am doing this please speak up.
I am using 3/16 2x4" Square tubing.
Can you take out the rubber mount and ridgid mount the transfercase to the member? or is it important that the driveline is left dynamic?
Pics comming soon

I changed the stock rubber mount out for a custom made poly one and noticed a HUGE amount more vibration through the chassis. I can't even imagine what it would be like if it was hard mounted.

if you rigid mount the TC/Tranny mount then you NEED to also solid / rigid mount the motor! Otherwise you will rip either the Engine or Tranny mount off the motor or tranny. and thats Bad I would say...

ROBERTK said:
if you rigid mount the TC/Tranny mount then you NEED to also solid / rigid mount the motor! Otherwise you will rip either the Engine or Tranny mount off the motor or tranny. and thats Bad I would say...
and if you do that I hope you have a very, very good cage, because any chassis flex will try to rip everything apart. the bellhousing would probably be the first to go.

BrettM said:
and if you do that I hope you have a very, very good cage, because any chassis flex will try to rip everything apart. the bellhousing would probably be the first to go.
I went with the rubber mount thanks for the imput.
I am having a hard time getting pics up of my progress.:scottm:

Back