• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No registured Vehicles and Trail usage ??

AZXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hows this gonna work for the XJuggy/Non registured Rigs ? Should I get a temp UT registration or just wing it ?? Never been to Moab and am aware the Cops are getting strict on liscensed rigs in Moab.. I am also aware that alot of the trails are loops and there is quite a bit of road travel.. Bending the rules of the road isn't beyond me but I don't feel like getting a stack of tickets.. :twak:

Laibility insurance is held on the rig just in case.. No windows/doors tho.

Input please!

It's gotta be registered either as a street licenced vehicle or as an OHV. If it's registered as an OHV you MUST trailer it to the trail-heads.

And the cops are getting very very nasty about it.

AZXJ said:
Hows this gonna work for the XJuggy/Non registured Rigs ? Should I get a temp UT registration or just wing it ?? Never been to Moab and am aware the Cops are getting strict on liscensed rigs in Moab.. I am also aware that alot of the trails are loops and there is quite a bit of road travel.. Bending the rules of the road isn't beyond me but I don't feel like getting a stack of tickets.. :twak:

Laibility insurance is held on the rig just in case.. No windows/doors tho.

Input please!

You just have to trailer it to the trails, that's what I'll be doing. Most trails are loops and come back to where they started so trailering isn't a problem. The only major trail you'll likely run that isn't a loop is Pritchett Canyon. As far as what you're willing to do, that's up to you. Vehicles and buggies have been runnning around Moab for years, but the authorities have been cracking down on that stuff. As far as off road registration, just like with street registration, one states registration is honored by another state, so if you have an AZ offroad tag you're legal in UT. If you don't have an offroad tag, most states issue temporary offroad tags. I know for CA, you can get a temporary green sticker at many motorcycle stores. Even Las Vegas mororcycle stores sell temporary CA green stickers. Again, though, that is your own decision. If you want to drive through town and risk getting pulled over, that's your business.

Judging from comments from Safari this last spring, the authorities are on the lookout! They were even pulling over trucks with rigs that had current stickers that obviously did not past safety. Even though the rig was being trailered. Of course that was mainly targeted at the Utah guys.

AZXJ said:
Thanks Guys.. I'll get RV plates on her.. she's got the legal stuff but is a trailer queen..

Dave
You might wanna check one thing.

I know in Utah now if you bring an out of state vehicle in that is registered as an OHV you have to buy an out of state OHV sticker. They aren't a huge amount of money...like 30 bucks but you all should know about it.

DrMoab said:

I know in Utah now if you bring an out of state vehicle in that is registered as an OHV you have to buy an out of state OHV sticker. They aren't a huge amount of money...like 30 bucks but you all should know about it.

Is there a place in Moab to purchase these stickers?

jonn said:
what about going doorless? my rig is street legal but i was going to leave my doors at the campgound.

I wouldn't be concerned about doors.

PuppetMaster said:

I believe this is only if you are in the state for more than one week. One could easily double check on the utah.gov website.

Jared:patriot:

jonn said:
what about going doorless? my rig is street legal but i was going to leave my doors at the campgound.

You must have a mirror on the driver's side to legally operate a motor vehicle on the highway in UT. Doors are completely optional.

DeadEyeJ said:
I believe this is only if you are in the state for more than one week. One could easily double check on the utah.gov website.

I know my brothers got nailed on ATV's last year when they rode into the Uintah Mtns from Wyoming. They actually parked in Wy and rode into the state and a Forest Service cop wrote them up for having unlicensed vehicles.

Could have been a nasty cop I guess.

PuppetMaster said:
I know my brothers got nailed on ATV's last year when they rode into the Uintah Mtns from Wyoming. They actually parked in Wy and rode into the state and a Forest Service cop wrote them up for having unlicensed vehicles.

Could have been a nasty cop I guess.

Did they have WY stickers, or no stickers at all?

Goatman said:
Did they have WY stickers, or no stickers at all?
Licenced in Wy but not in Utah.

The story I got from my dad is this...

Wyoming a few years ago started requiring out of state residents to purchase stickers for snowmobiles. It turned into a "one up" battle between Utah, Idaho and Wyoming. Now Utah requires any out of state vehicle that isn't street licensed to purchase an out of state tag.

It's completely ridiculous but its the law.

Back