• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LED knowledge needed badly (tail lights)

HeavyMetal

NAXJA Forum User
so i got some LED tail lights, and i have this plug on them:
ledplug.jpg

i dunno how to tell what socket is what on it, this light will only be acting as a brake light, no turn. where do the stock wires from the brake bulb go? /whats a good method for even attaching the snipped stock wires to this?

the stock wires from the brake bulb has 3 wires in it, 2 blacks and 1 white with a stripe on it.

i am very baffled guys, any help i get would be greatly appreciated as im at a stand still right now, and have a blown driving/parking light fuse. is that on the kickpanel on the passenger side?

97 XJ

top far left should be ground use as ground only
top right tail connect to running light/tail only
bottom right turn signal/brake use as brake only

you can use crimp connectors or solder and wrap them or heat shrink

Last edited:
awesome thanks, gonna have to tackle it tomorrow

one more question, where is the stock "flasher"? relay i suppose it is? apparantly it has to be replaced for the lights to blink at the correct speed.

i read the thread saying the OEM replacement part EP-27 from advance auto or autozone will work

The flasher unit is under the dash tucked way down below, and yes a replacement EP27 will work for you. I went LEDs in the rear of my 98 and (obviously) had the fast flash that comes with LEDs. Pop in the new electronic flasher and it works. The new one didn't look any different than the old one, but it does the trick. To get to it, you've got to pull the plastic chin panel under the steering column and then the steel panel behind that. Then you can get to the flasher pretty easily. Splicing is a pain in the butt, but I'd highly recomend that you solder and heatshrink them. Best of luck to you.

Here's mine.

Picture%20002.jpg

-kelly

What kind of tail light housing is that? Did you make it or buy it?

Back