• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who from SoCal is going to Moab-FF 06'

djblade311

NAXJA Member # 1474
NAXJA Member
Well, I submitted my vacation request for Oct 3 - 7th. Originally my wife was going with one of our friends separately so that she could hang out in town with someone to accompany her. Once again our friend bailed.

My wife would like to see Moab but not go wheeling because of our young-un.

I'm wondering who else from SoCal is going and are there any spouses going along?

Anyone wanna ride? Or setup an OC convoy?

djblade311 said:
I'm wondering who else from SoCal is going and are there any spouses going along?

Michaelle is hitching a ride up to Moab on Thursday evening, October 12th. She'll be wtih me the last weekend of the event.

Anyone wanna ride? Or setup an OC convoy?

Just for your edification, most guys tend to leave reallyfuckingearly on the morning of the Saturday before the event starts just to get in a couple of unoffical days of wheeling. The drive to Moab is about 13-15 hours long, depending on your use of the skinny pedal and number of stops for food. Sometimes, people will brave the Friday night, Vegas bound traffic to get cut the trip into two segments. They will stay the night either in Las Vegas or Mesquite or even make it to St. George Utah if they have the energy.

Andy Steiner said:
Just for your edification, most guys tend to leave reallyfuckingearly on the morning of the Saturday before the event starts just to get in a couple of unoffical days of wheeling. The drive to Moab is about 13-15 hours long, depending on your use of the skinny pedal and number of stops for food. Sometimes, people will brave the Friday night, Vegas bound traffic to get cut the trip into two segments. They will stay the night either in Las Vegas or Mesquite or even make it to St. George Utah if they have the energy.
:D :D leave early get there early ;)

Anyways I'll be leaving either early on the 30th or in the afternoon on the 29th. Not sure yet.

:eeks1: :wave1: Imelda & I will be going Oct 2-7th.Last time and only time for me was 2003.See you there.

Back