• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Marvin's Doorectomy

over2land

NAXJA Member #1171
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
So Johnny and I are starting on the late model door swap in Marvin, his MJ.

Marvin is going from full manual doors to full power doors. I thought I had the FSM with the wiring diagram here, but don't. And, niether Chilton's nor Haynes helps.

Can anyone help me pin out the wires in the 97 doors? I figured out two... and have suspicions about the rest, but really no concrete proof.

over2land said:
So Johnny and I are starting on the late model door swap in Marvin, his MJ.

Marvin is going from full manual doors to full power doors. I thought I had the FSM with the wiring diagram here, but don't. And, niether Chilton's nor Haynes helps.

Can anyone help me pin out the wires in the 97 doors? I figured out two... and have suspicions about the rest, but really no concrete proof.
Johnny... You didn't keep notes from the previous swap? Nor the harnesses for the posterity?????
Lemme see what I can find.

Have you looked on autozone.com in the repair giude section? They seem to have it. I just don't know EXACTLY wht you are looking for. But they have wiring diagrams

pete. PM me your email addy and I'll send you the 97 FSM

There are two connectors (1 9 pin and and 1 12 pin)

POWER WINDOWS: CONNECTOR 2 (C2) - 12 pin
SWITCH POSITION CONTINUITY BETWEEN
OFF (NORMAL) 1&8, 2&8, 3&8, 4&8, 5&8, 6&8, 10&8, 12&8
RIGHT REAR DOWN 1&9
RIGHT REAR UP 2&9
RIGHT FRONT UP 3&9
LEFT REAR UP 4&9
LEFT FRONT UP 5&9
RIGHT FRONT DOWN 6&9
LEFT REAR DOWN 10&9
LEFT FRONT DOWN 12&9
WINDOW LOCKOUT
CONNECTOR 1 (C1), CONNECTOR 2 (C2)
SWITCH POSITION CONTINUITY BETWEEN
LOCKOUT OFF (UP) C1 PIN 8 & C2 PIN 9
LOCKOUT ON (DOWN) NO CONTINUITY BETWEEN C1 PIN 8 & C2 PIN 9

Now for the power:
POWER WINDOWS
OFF (NORMAL):
C2 PIN 2 & C2 PIN 3
C2 PIN 4 & C2 PIN 9

UP:
C2 PIN 2 & C2 PIN 3
C2 PIN 9 & C2 PIN 10

DOWN:
C2 PIN 2 & C2 PIN 10
C2 PIN 4 & C2 PIN 9

For the power locks on C2 (12 pin):
SWITCH POSITION - CONTINUITY BETWEEN
LOCK - 7 & 8
UNLOCK - 11 & 8

hopefully that helps

Problem is, I don't have the 97 connectors.

I forget what the problem was... I think I was trying to hold the door I'd just spent 1.5 hours unbolting with the wrong tools (vice grips) and cutting the wires with my benchmade knife at the same time. It wasn't until much later I even had the cause to think about the connectors. Which, incidentally, I mangled in removing the wires wtih the knife.

Got wire colors?

Thanks for the help everybody. And thanks to Pete. He did a good job of figuring out the wires, while I was scratching my head.

The doors are on. White doors. Power windows and power mirrors are working. Power locks not so much. They open but don't close. We think it might be a faulty switch panel. I have a spare one that I'll try tomorrow.

Remi, after my rollover, I gave those harnesses to YOU. Remember?

Come one Johnny..... worthless without pics!!! I want to see white doors on marvin!

xjohnnyc said:
Thanks for the help everybody. And thanks to Pete. He did a good job of figuring out the wires, while I was scratching my head.

The doors are on. White doors. Power windows and power mirrors are working. Power locks not so much. They open but don't close. We think it might be a faulty switch panel. I have a spare one that I'll try tomorrow.

Remi, after my rollover, I gave those harnesses to YOU. Remember?
You did? You sure? hmmm where are they at? Gonna have to look for them.

Very sure Remi. I distinctly remember you asking for them and me giving them to you. They're in that box...or maybe that box.

Spent the day removing all the Cherokee Country decals and adhesive, masking everything off, and rattle-canning the doors with dark gray primer.

Then I got a little carried away and started spraying everything from the cab forward. Until I ran out of primer. To be continued tomorrow.

xjohnnyc said:
Very sure Remi. I distinctly remember you asking for them and me giving them to you. They're in that box...or maybe that box.
Hmmm I'll double check when I get a moemnt though I'm pretty sure I don't have 'em.
Spent the day removing all the Cherokee Country decals and adhesive, masking everything off, and rattle-canning the doors with dark gray primer.

Then I got a little carried away and started spraying everything from the cab forward. Until I ran out of primer. To be continued tomorrow.
ThisThreadIsWorthless1.jpg

No pictures until Marvin is all one color. :D

Hey now. :nono: I'll post some pics tomorrow.

I know that Pete has some scandalous photos of Marvin.

Back