• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Deadheading from Laguna Beach to Salt Lake City UT

over2land

NAXJA Member #1171
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
A lot of things have to fall into place just so in the next week.

However, if they do, I will be deadheading with a dual axle flatbed car hauler trailer from Laguna to SLC... just like the title says. If someone needs something to go on its merry way, and wants to toss some money at me for diesel I am game.

Looks like departure on Sat morn... potentially Sun morn.

Odd, I too will be deadheading in an auto transport from so cal to UT...then on to KC and beyond. Leaving Monday morning. Such a waste of diesel. I'm going to try and take my Jeep with me since I'll be running around the midwest for about 5 weeks......I can just keep it on the truck and get some wheeling in on the weekends depending on where I end up.

Clean-RC said:
Got room for a J20???

But Pete is deadheading TO Salt Lake City. On the way back, the trailer will have something on it.

Nice try though. ;)

Always picking on me, aren't you? :D

Deadheading means he's going to Moab with an empty trailer. And on the way back, he will have a vehicle on that trailer.

So if I rolled, that wouldn't do me much good, would it? :moon:

xjohnnyc said:
But Pete is deadheading TO Salt Lake City. On the way back, the trailer will have something on it.

Nice try though. ;)

Well I still can't believe that a guy that works for a jeep magazine has no idea of what a J20 is... That's ok I will wait for the weather to cool a bit before going north...

Um, huh? There is a magazine guy on here?

I know what it is. Depending on year and configuration, the wheelbase could have changed as much as 15 inches, IIRC. And, since the last one came out over 20 years ago, there is a lot that could have been, and usually has changed since then. Like maybe its on Rockwells... maybe its got no motor and trans. Maybe its got 4 doors.

Assuming size and weight on something you will be trailering is a mistake.

Back