• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

[question] adding bushigs on front springs....

korr2236

NAXJA Forum User
hi guys~~~

i run 2001 XJ.... lifted it up 7days ago...at 4Wheel Parts...
( RE 6130 4.5" kit / 32x11.50x15 Good year MTRs)

the problem is my rig rubs the front bumper a little when i turn on the rugged trail

and even on bumpy parking lot.

(......strangely my rig definitely leans to front though......
the rear fenders are about 2" higher than those of front......)

i don't want to cut the fenders. don't want to remove the flares either.

so i'm thinking about adding 1.5"~ 2.0" bushings on front springs.

or shall i trim the front bumper

is it gonna be ok?

i'm taking my rig this coming Monday to 4Wheel Parts ..because of their '10 day

inspection program'..... i will have to tell them what to do....but i can't decide..

please help, guys~~~ (sorry,,,not good at English..)

0241.JPG
0245.JPG

Last edited:
ok im gonna humor this post just cuz i didn't know shit once too.

the rear is going to sit higher because the springs have to settle out, my 3 inch leaf packs finally settled after daily driving with a bunch of stuff in the back and some good flexing off road. the long and short is don't worry about it they all do it. about the fenders i wouldn't bother telling 4wheelparts to trim them, have someone cycle the steering back and forth and watch and find out where the clearance issues are, then using a sawzall or angle grinder with a cutoff wheel just shave a decent bit from where its rubbing, there are much more extreme solutions, but it seems like your going to keep your fenders where they are in the long run, and don't worry about rub on the trail, i ran 5 inches with 31s before i cut the panels and the rubbed the plastic fenders all the time, if you add the spacers you run into problems such as improper shock length and need of extendended brakelines steering stress, trackbar geometry etc, etc , etc

Back