• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Noise from H2O pump (only 3k old)

my65289stang

NAXJA Forum User
I had a pretty loud knock from my engine, pulled off the belt and started it real quick and the noise is gone. I spun all of the pulleys and they were all silent except the H2O pump, it looks like that is where the noise is coming from. I replaced the H2O pump about 3,000 miles ago when it started to leak through the seep hole. Is my "new" water pump shot or is there something else that I am missing?

Thanks
Brian

I went through two or three aftermarket, 'guaranteed for life' POS waterpumps before I bought a FlowKooler pump. On the waterpump I would go with factory or Hesco, if I could afford it. The FlowKooler is better than factory, but Hesco is better yet. I didn't know about Hesco when I bought my FlowKooler or I would have chosen Hesco. Good Luck

Woody

Yup. Those cheap "lifetime warranties" are great so long as you realize the warranty is there to compensate for the lower quality and that you're the only quality control in the process. I'd rather get a better quality for another $10 and know I won't be replacing a crappy rebuilt 3 months later.

Back