• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Photo(s) of 97-01 ; up to '96 Gas Tank SKID...please

XpedientJ

NAXJA Forum User
Perhaps, someone has and can post a photo of the correct gas-tank skid configuration for the 97-01 series....and, if available, one of the up-to-96 version as well.

Thanks!

The 1997-2001 skid has sides that are smooth. The entire skid was smoothly bent and formed in one complete unit with no welds. It has three triangle shaped crimps per side. See the pic of a 97-01.

The 1984-1996 skids have welded in sides plates. There is a definite 1/2 inch overlapping seam in the same area that the 97-01 has the triangle crimps.

standard.jpg

Last edited:
The one shown below appears to have separate/welded sides.... If so, then the curved section at the right-front is indicative of a pre-'97?

Again, thanks.

060.jpg

I don't have a pic handy but my 98 skid does not look like those, it has two drain rails that go from front to back, it looks like the ones you see on ZJ's. Makes cleaning it out a lot easier.

bump

1997-2001 skid. The 3 triangle crimps on the side plate are clearly visible. The curved section is a 1997+ only feature.

Last edited:
What would it take to put a older skid on a 97+ XJ?

on the Left is a zj skid. on the right is a pre 97 tank skid. if you look I have marked a triangle. This is the area needed to be cut / removed. The 97+ ones Ive seen (only saw pics) look like the one above. with the curved plate that matches the stock heat shield on the 97 +... ALSO a pre 97 will bolt on directly (I HAVE ONE ON) the zj will need extra holes drilled / opened up.

9c826fdc.jpg

Last edited:
Hammered said:

The pic on the right is the correcct skid for the 1996 and earlier XJ.

I have a few pics on my computer but cannot post them. When I click the link for 'Inseert Image' it asks for a URL "HTTP:\\" .

:dunno:

techno1154 said:
I have a few pics on my computer but cannot post them. When I click the link for 'Insert Image' it asks for a URL "HTTP:\\" .

I don't think you can post pictures directly from your hard-drive. New members need a certain number of posting before they can include pictures in their posts. You have to put your pictures on a file hosting service or server. Flicker, Photobucket, Fototime, or something similar. The host website should have a tab you can click on that will generate a link to your picture on the host site. Then, use the Insert Image icon in the NAXJA Post Reply screen. Delete the "HTTP:\\" that shows up and copy/paste your generated link.

So if I managed to get my hands on an older skid, all I would need to do is cut that triangle out on that one side, and it "should" bolt right up?

98XJSport said:
So if I managed to get my hands on an older skid, all I would need to do is cut that triangle out on that one side, and it "should" bolt right up?

Is that right? New members you say? I am a member since 2003 and a forum user for more that a year before that. Does that count for something?

techno1154 said:
The pic on the right is the correcct skid for the 1996 and earlier XJ.

I have a few pics on my computer but cannot post them. When I click the link for 'Inseert Image' it asks for a URL "HTTP:\\" .

:dunno:

Start a photobucket account and it will give you the URL you need to post photos here

techno1154 said:
Is that right? New members you say? I am a member since 2003 and a forum user for more that a year before that. Does that count for something?

It doesn't say much for your quoting abilities ;)

Since there are so many free hosting sites out there it has been long decided that it's not worth the waste of bandwidth for the forum.

Meaning we can't upload pics directly.

Use a free site like photobucket.com to upload your pictured from your computer. It will give you a link you cut in past in that starts

98XJSport said:
It doesn't say much for your quoting abilities ;)

Since there are so many free hosting sites out there it has been long decided that it's not worth the waste of bandwidth for the forum.

Meaning we can't upload pics directly.

Use a free site like photobucket.com to upload your pictured from your computer. It will give you a link you cut in past in that starts or something like that.[/QUOTE]

My ability to quote or inability to do so is unimportant. Let us stay on the subject of posting pictures.

Does everyone who post pictures on NAXJA post through a third site?

techno1154 said:
My ability to quote or inability to do so is unimportant. Let us stay on the subject of posting pictures.

Does everyone who post pictures on NAXJA post through a third site?

Note the smiley, implys good natured teasing ;)

As far as I know, yes everyone has thier pics hosted on a different site. Personally I find it easier to keep track of my pics that way anyways :dunno:

Im going to have to go back to the junkyard, it was way in the back so Im sure it will still be there :D As long as thier price is reasonable, Im all for it. Looks like the older skid may have a bit more rear and maybe side protection anyways?

Back