• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Detroit replacement parts?

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
Where is the best place to get replacement parts for a full Detroit locker? Mine is quite a few years old and it appears that the springs are shot. It locks at absolutely the least torque being applied. I can coast around a sharp corner, but any power at all and it is locked up.

Anybody replaced theirs? How much of a job is it? Do I have to remove the ring gear from the carrier?

Wasn't Detroit bought by another company? Anybody know who?

Yea but a yahoo search under detroit locker will get you to the right place.

Eaton now owns the Detroit locker line.

HTH

Dirk Pitt said:
Eaton now owns the Detroit locker line.

Have you heard about their newest locker, due out in '07?

It's called the Eaton PUH-C. It is a PUsh button Hybrid (locker/LSD) for C-clip axles.

Lawn Cher' said:
Have you heard about their newest locker, due out in '07?

It's called the Eaton PUH-C. It is a PUsh button Hybrid (locker/LSD) for C-clip axles.

I'm going to have to try this Eaton PUH-C business.

Just called eaton, (800) 328-3850
no one was home. But it's 4pm in Mich too. So I called Randy's and asked about getting internals for the detroit. They said call eaton, give them the serial/model number off the carrier case and eaton can get internals to ya. I personally have 2 detroits with missing inside gear teeth. Issue is reassembling them. Takes a press and 3 friends to get all the springs and peices stuffed back inside. :laugh3:
But could bring 2 detroits back to life.

If those detroits are for a Dana 44 we may need to talk

Both D-44's. Front had 4.88's when it ate itself last december. Rear is still in,only right side tire is locking up. has 5.38's installed.
Derik

Back