• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Safety

paulhead

I overtighten $#!t
NAXJA Member
We get safety emails at our job from time to time and got these pics. Did'nt happen at our place but thought I'd share. Lucky for him he was wearing the mask and not just safety glasses.
safety.jpg

safety11.jpg

Last edited:
Dont bag on HF.. That shit is decent.

ahahahah YES! Im there like every weekend :D

Last week I was cutting some flat stock with an angle grinder and a thin (yes Harbor Freight) blade. Rather than place the metal in the vice, I was holding it with my left hand on the workbench. (y'all know where this is going...)

The blade chunked and the grinder shot towards my... {bathing suit area} I managed to push down and leap back at the same time and it hit my inner thigh.

<Look down> See big hole in my jeans.

SH!T !!

<Look through hole> See blood

DAMN IT!

Fortunately the blade hit more flush than on end and it skinned rather than sliced my leg. Now I have a 3/4 circle scab that looks like a shark bite. heh heh

It could'a been alot worse, seeing those pic's reinforces that.

Ride'on,

~C!~

a cutting wheel is one of the most dangerous tools to use. ive *seen* a cutoff wheel shatter and stick in someones cheek. ive seen the aftermath of a cutoff wheel coming apart leave a 4 inch gash 1/2 inch deep down someones forearm.

the slightest side load and they come apart, and when the pieces hit its just like sticking you hand in the wheel while tis spinning. i wont use one without a full face mask and a new wheel that i put on there myself.

silverslk said:
I always grind with my welding helmet on too!!!! haha
after those pics I'm gonna' do that more often

GrimmJeeper said:
a cutting wheel is one of the most dangerous tools to use. ive *seen* a cutoff wheel shatter and stick in someones cheek. ive seen the aftermath of a cutoff wheel coming apart leave a 4 inch gash 1/2 inch deep down someones forearm.

the slightest side load and they come apart, and when the pieces hit its just like sticking you hand in the wheel while tis spinning. i wont use one without a full face mask and a new wheel that i put on there myself.

You know.,..

(knocking on wood!)

I've never had a 4.5" wheel come apart like that, although I'm careful, I always have at least my safety glasses, face shield if I'm getting in close, upside down, or a prolonged period (basically if there is any chance I'll get some spray back, if I'm cutting off one little bolt I just rock the glasses).

I do however always wear my face shield and stand out of line of the big 10" wheel on my chop saw. Especially with the shitty HF wheels I currently have (they're totally not straight and flat!).

Chicks dig scars and I've always wanted to be a pirate (eyepatch, pegleg)....could lead to a new, more exciting, lifestyle.

Back