PDA

View Full Version : Safety

paulhead
August 14th, 2008, 14:22
We get safety emails at our job from time to time and got these pics. Did'nt happen at our place but thought I'd share. Lucky for him he was wearing the mask and not just safety glasses.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/paulhead/Work/safety.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/paulhead/Work/safety11.jpg

goodburbon
August 14th, 2008, 14:25
Ow

Because Ow is too short to post alone I added this sentence.

squirrel80
August 14th, 2008, 14:29
I want to know why he was using a chop saw in his office:confused:

GrimmJeeper
August 14th, 2008, 14:39
holy crap!

FordGuy
August 14th, 2008, 15:16
Harbor Freight Blade!!

Skwerly
August 14th, 2008, 15:41
"Hey, relax, buddy, no need to lose your head!! Fine, I'll change the wheel!"

Yea, that was bad.

That guy was SO lucky, and good on him for doing it RIGHT!

Ryno XJ
August 14th, 2008, 16:03
Harbor Freight Blade!!
Not a harbor freight helmet!!

swbooking
August 14th, 2008, 16:10
Dont bag on HF.. That shit is decent.

Ryno XJ
August 14th, 2008, 16:12

I know, I was there this morning...LOL!!!

swbooking
August 14th, 2008, 16:13
ahahahah YES! Im there like every weekend :D

AppleValleySlim
August 14th, 2008, 16:14
Last week I was cutting some flat stock with an angle grinder and a thin (yes Harbor Freight) blade. Rather than place the metal in the vice, I was holding it with my left hand on the workbench. (y'all know where this is going...)

The blade chunked and the grinder shot towards my... {bathing suit area} I managed to push down and leap back at the same time and it hit my inner thigh.

<Look down> See big hole in my jeans.

SH!T !!

<Look through hole> See blood

DAMN IT!

Fortunately the blade hit more flush than on end and it skinned rather than sliced my leg. Now I have a 3/4 circle scab that looks like a shark bite. heh heh

It could'a been alot worse, seeing those pic's reinforces that.

Ride'on,

~C!~

GrimmJeeper
August 14th, 2008, 16:20
a cutting wheel is one of the most dangerous tools to use. ive *seen* a cutoff wheel shatter and stick in someones cheek. ive seen the aftermath of a cutoff wheel coming apart leave a 4 inch gash 1/2 inch deep down someones forearm.

the slightest side load and they come apart, and when the pieces hit its just like sticking you hand in the wheel while tis spinning. i wont use one without a full face mask and a new wheel that i put on there myself.

silverslk
August 14th, 2008, 16:47
I always grind with my welding helmet on too!!!! haha

paulhead
August 14th, 2008, 17:10
I always grind with my welding helmet on too!!!! haha
after those pics I'm gonna' do that more often

slowrider
August 15th, 2008, 10:31
I want to know why he was using a chop saw in his office:confused:
Cus he hates sitting at his desk as much as I do!

GSequoia
August 15th, 2008, 10:37
Ow

Because Ow is too short to post alone I added this sentence.

You could have just put a period after the "ow"

:gee:

GSequoia
August 15th, 2008, 10:40
a cutting wheel is one of the most dangerous tools to use. ive *seen* a cutoff wheel shatter and stick in someones cheek. ive seen the aftermath of a cutoff wheel coming apart leave a 4 inch gash 1/2 inch deep down someones forearm.

the slightest side load and they come apart, and when the pieces hit its just like sticking you hand in the wheel while tis spinning. i wont use one without a full face mask and a new wheel that i put on there myself.

You know.,..

(knocking on wood!)

I've never had a 4.5" wheel come apart like that, although I'm careful, I always have at least my safety glasses, face shield if I'm getting in close, upside down, or a prolonged period (basically if there is any chance I'll get some spray back, if I'm cutting off one little bolt I just rock the glasses).

I do however always wear my face shield and stand out of line of the big 10" wheel on my chop saw. Especially with the shitty HF wheels I currently have (they're totally not straight and flat!).

PhotographerMike
August 15th, 2008, 12:51
Hey, thanks for the post!

Now I need to find a welding mask,

but then I might want a welder . . .

and you all know where that can lead . . .

ocean_jet
August 15th, 2008, 13:23
Hmmm... I guess i need a mask.

Been using just eye protection.

juryrigjalopy
August 15th, 2008, 13:46
Chicks dig scars and I've always wanted to be a pirate (eyepatch, pegleg)....could lead to a new, more exciting, lifestyle.

FordGuy
August 15th, 2008, 18:12

Decent is going a little to far!!! The only thing that ever lasted that I bought there was a magnetic parts tray! All my Snap-On shit is still perfect, and most was bought in 1984
:doh:

GrimmJeeper
August 15th, 2008, 18:30
harbor freight tools suck ass and everyone knows it. BUT they serve thier purpose and i got there regularly. in the middle of a job if you really need a tool to get it done, and only need it that one time...... thats the place to go. sure it will probably break at some point in the job but its better than buying the good one and never needing it again! i call it the disposable tool store, because iver never bought anything there that lasted through more than 2 or 3 uses at the most.

FordGuy
August 15th, 2008, 18:42
Thats what pisses me off about HF, nothing worse then depending on a tool and have if take a shi* in the middle of a job. I will say, I bought an angle die grinder that just won't die from HF 4 years ago and it must have 400 hours of use.

GrimmJeeper
August 15th, 2008, 19:01
Thats what pisses me off about HF, nothing worse then depending on a tool and have if take a shi* in the middle of a job. depending on a tool and going to HF dont mix Rich, haha. if you want something to last dont go shopping for the cheapest POS you can find!

but yeah, ive got a dremel from HF that i paid $4 on sale and its been running great for 6 years now lol. sometimes you get lucky, but i wouldnt depend on anything from there lasting very long.

swbooking
August 16th, 2008, 10:28
haha half our tools are from HF and i have never once broken any of them... maybe i just know how to use tools?

.!.:D.!.

GrimmJeeper
August 16th, 2008, 10:44
haha half our tools are from HF and i have never once broken any of them... maybe i just know how to use tools?

.!.:D.!. or you arent doing anything very difficult!

:D

swbooking
August 16th, 2008, 11:19
ahahah... touche.