• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need some diff help

1998xj1985

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,

looks like many of you saw my ad for the 44 -over 200!!. well, it's time to slap mine together but i'm having a devil of a time getting the carrier bearings off my new diff (the detroit is too big to fit between the support rails on my press!!) and could use some help in the form of maybe one of those nifty yukon pullers or at least a shop that can do it for not a huge amount of dough in the south bay, or in/around pomona. lemme know if you can help guide me in the right direction!!

Jim

alright, we'll see. i've been asking a lot of you lately hah! if i can't find something by friday, i might just have to take you up on that, since that's my day off this week and i was hoping to get it mostly done this weekend.

i think it was trying to get the bearing and the collar off at the same time, cause i couldn't get it off separately. also, maybe the thing needs to be looked at? it never registered above 6k or so and i could have had the lever all the way out and just about hung off of it, i think. seems like it should have been laughing at me at 6k...

1998xj1985 said:
i think it was trying to get the bearing and the collar off at the same time, cause i couldn't get it off separately. also, maybe the thing needs to be looked at? it never registered above 6k or so and i could have had the lever all the way out and just about hung off of it, i think. seems like it should have been laughing at me at 6k...
:dunno: we've got a guy that comes in 3 times a week and does bearings for his buddies race cars.. seems to work fine. maybe i need to remake the hydraulic lines for that thing, they've been on there 20 years :D

Back