• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil Filter Adaptor HELP!!!

CartsXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I've searched and read Go-jeep's write up about a dozen times and got the right tools T60 bit 12mm box-end wrench and well the bolt does move. Sprayed with PB blast and let sit, still no turny. I've even placed larger box end on the 12mm and nothing, start moving the jeep. Is there anything I am missing? It is just a standard thread, right? Righty tighty, lefty loosy/ RIGHT!!! TIA

You're on the right track, it's right-hand thread. I welded a Torx bit to an old wrench to give me more leverage and to fit into the tight space. They are tough to get out and you don't want to strip the bolt. Go slow and make sure you have a good bite on the Torx bolt before pulling too hard. Good Luck.

Woody

yep thats exactly what I am doing. just slow tension.........and nothing. I'll keep trying.

ok, I am gonna try the cheater bar method, thanks Matt........off to the garage.

That's exactly what I did. You wont have much room before the cheater hits something but it worked well for me.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAA

Thanks guys, put a 2' 1" square bar on the 12mm box wrench and pushed , then a loud crack, thought I broke something, but it moved and now is draining out, thanks again guys.

Back