• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sat Mdr Head Count

cds36

NAXJA Forum User
Thinking we could all bring something to eat out there. Dont know if that works for you guys, chime in if your going forsures and what you can bring. I dont have crapola to cook with out there, so any help would be apprecaited

Tcmglx - Water / Gatoraide
cds36 - Asada

cds36 said:
Thinking we could all bring something to eat out there. Dont know if that works for you guys, chime in if your going forsures and what you can bring. I dont have crapola to cook with out there, so any help would be apprecaited

Tcmglx - Water / Gatoraide
cds36 - Asada

Did you say asada Craig? As in carne asada? mmmmmmmm (Homer Simpson drool sound) count me in!! I'm bringing my daughter too. She lives in Apple Valley. I could leave the McDonald's a little early (if that is where we are meeting) and go pick her up and then meet you guys at say Bear Valley Rd and Kiowa (it's on the way) or we all could swing by the ex's place. It's about 4 blocks off Bear Valley Rd. Either way works for me.
Since the mexican rice I made at the RockGarden went over pretty well. I figure I can whip some up at the desert race too. Should be a little easier than making enough for 60 people!! I've got 2 tables and a propane lantern but only a small, well used propane BBQ. If we are having asada then it should really be BBQ'd over coals. Anyone have a small BBQ or habachi? What else do people need to bring? plates, tortillas what else?

Sounds like fun!!

I don't think I am gonna make it guys. This gas money thing is still hurting me.......oh well, can't keep me off the trail forever.

well I'm definatley debating this one...justin if you'd like to go to this let me know, I can swing by and grab you, I have to go by my moms house anyways...youre not far from highland I presume and could take you out there if you wanna hop in with someone else when we get there...pm me and let me know bro

1xfloppy said:
well I'm definatley debating this one...justin if you'd like to go to this let me know, I can swing by and grab you, I have to go by my moms house anyways...youre not far from highland I presume and could take you out there if you wanna hop in with someone else when we get there...pm me and let me know bro

depends on the time, I might be at work trying to finish my new jeep, or at least getting it road worthy.

ok cool, you have a pm with my number on its way...let me know if you can attend
xjjeeper19 said:
depends on the time, I might be at work trying to finish my new jeep, or at least getting it road worthy.

Hey guys Im interested in going but cant find any directions to where it is being held and the start/ finish. If anyone has directions can you please post them.

Thanks

Here is a link to the course map.
http://www.mdrracing.com/california/5/course-map.pdf
15 North to Victorville. Exit Bear Valley Rd and go East. It merges with Hwy 18. Keep going into Lucerne Valley and go straight. It becomes Hwy 247. Take Hwy 247 (Old Woman Springs Rd) East from Lucerne Valley and after 10 miles or so turn left on Bessemer Mine Rd. We usually use channel 4 on the CB.
Some of us are meeting at the McDonald's on the 15 about 1 mile past the Cleghorn exit. I think it's the Hwy 138 exit. I forget the time we are meeting. 5 pm I think. You are welcome to join us.

1xfloppy said:
if i can get my lights hooked up in time im 100% in

LOL I know what you mean...I bought a PIAA yellow visibility light Tuesday before the Riverside county MnG. The 4 Hella 500's on my roof rack have never been hooked up. I've been a stripping and crimping and soldering fool the last 2 nights. Relays...switches....power distribution box...you know...the right way to do it all. But I'm not hiding the wires yet....I want to get er done before the race.

cory i know its a long haul but if you want to drive out here to my place tonight i'll wire your lights up.

andy has offered up as well...i have to wash my jeep off from all the mud i have on it right now...as soon as i get off work ill be starting the haul for your area. so ill be in oc...just not sure what time. ill give you a ring...thanks for the offer grimm!!!!

sweet strippers lol...i wanna run it through relays, and switches as well...hopefully i can get it done before tomorrow...what time is meet up again???

1xfloppy said:
andy has offered up as well...i have to wash my jeep off from all the mud i have on it right now...as soon as i get off work ill be starting the haul for your area. so ill be in oc...just not sure what time. ill give you a ring...thanks for the offer grimm!!!!
im not in OC..from 4:30 to about 7 its going to take you about an hour to get to me from andy's place. ive got everything you need... but i crimp not solder. if you want em soldered hit up Curt. if you just want it done asap to get you having some light for tomorrow then i got ya. i work for beer :D

:cheers:

Last edited:
GrimmJeeper said:
im not in OC..from 4:30 to about 7 its going to take you about an hour to get to me from andy's place. ive got everything you need... but i crimp not solder. if you want em soldered hit up Curt. if you just want it done asap to get you having some light for tomorrow then i got ya. i work for beer :D

:cheers:

well ill let you know

how long is this gonna take? i have 4 lights forward and 2 rear...figure 2 lights per switch...3 switches...

Back