• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Driveshaft Question

oldskooldubbin

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 93 with a 8.25 rear end and a 231 t case. What length should my stock driveshaft be? or better yet can someone go measure theres and tell me how long it is?

We need to know if it is auto or manual trans. There is a big difference in length. Also, Is that 8.25 swapped in? I didn't think they used that axle for stock in that year.

Just measured mine 92 4.0 auto 231 C8.25 and the stock rear shaft measure's 29.625" from center of u-joint to center of u-joint.

dave92cherokee said:
Just measured mine 92 4.0 auto 231 C8.25 and the stock rear shaft measure's 29.625" from center of u-joint to center of u-joint.

Thank you. So I think I have the wrong ds is why it is too long cause mine is 30.25. So maybe it is a d35 ds?

I'm confused. I asked the same question since I was about to chunk the D35 for a 8.25 and I was told the 8.25 was 27.875 center to center. (29 spline)
D35 was 28.875 " " " . (1997 &up)
and the D44 was 29.625 " " " . (1987)

I guess I'll have to measure the difference in my D35 and the 8.25 and see how much I'll need to shorten my driveshaft. Not had any luck at junk yards since around here they all pick up cars with forklifts and bend every ds in the process.....Al

P.S. Can anyone confirm the exact lenth so I'll only have to cut once? TIA

Back