• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hello gang...

Bruno™

NAXJA Forum User
Some of you might remember me from northwest fest '08 (the redhead absent of an XJ). Truth be told, I've been the proud owner of one for nearly a year now, and am finally gutting up to making it a true Jeep.

Through lots of research and forum raiding I think I know whats in store. With the fear of stage 1 inchitis, Im looking into a RE4.5" superflex kit with full spring packs. That way I jump right into stage 2 :looney: . Along with that would come a SYE. Tire wise Im thinking of either Trxus or BFG 33's, accompanied with the trimming to make them fit with flex. Other than the tire wear I've heard Trxus is a damn good way to go, not to mention half of you at NWFest were running them.

Any input on the gear or hints for down the road would be grand. Thanks for the read.

(not going to be posting further till 8/17, no internet while camping...where's and iPhone when you need one?)

-Lyle

WheelinJR said:
Other than treadwear? What are you talking about? Trxus wear great. 12K miles + on mine and they still looked almost new.
He rode with me at NWFest and I said that I swapped mine out every 15k miles, so maybe that's where he's coming from (the tires last a LOT longer than that). Either way, the BFG will wear better. I think part of it is frame of reference; for a car tire to last 20k miles isn't impressive...for an M/T I think that is a helluva accomplishment.

-----Matt-----

P.S. It's almost time for tires...10k miles since December!

Lyle is also the buddy of mine who rode up with me...(he's the redhead).

I think after I let Lyle drive my rig on the streets and trails tonight, and having him take his stock rig out...he'll be lifted within a month.

Haha, other than Matt I've read that on tire comparisons and such. But thanks for the first hand type of info I'm looking for.

Most plans for now are still up in the air though. Just got back from a little stock wheeling with Scott (Muddy Beast), as well as taking his rig for a spin and seeing what you can do with just a 3" and some shackles is impressive...not to mention stock. Decisions, decisions.:eeks1: :variety:

Back