• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

temperature sensor mods

oldseddie

NAXJA Forum User
:shhh: I am wondering if the ECM gets an actual temperature reading from the temperature sensor or if it just a temperature switch. If it is just a switch, you could fool the ECM into going into closed loop sooner with a cooler sensor. This would also make the cooling fan cycle at a reduced temperature as well. I'm thinking a 185 deg. sensor would be about right with a 185 deg. thermostat. If it is an actual sensor, a resistor between the two leads or between the sensor and the lead would fool the ECM in the same manner. Any of you electrical gurus out ther confer?

its a thermistor. basically a resistor that the resistance increases as the temp drops and vise versa. as where normally when heat goes up resistance goes up. so no, but some guys wire in a 100 ohm resistor to a switch to create the same effect that you speak of. might wanna give it a search.

I have searched the threads and can find no reference to this modification. I just know that my jeep runs best before it gets to 210 deg. I am running 24lb injectors and will have a MAP sensor adjuster on her soon. I'm sure that the 210 deg. temp from the factory has more to with meeting thre emissions standards than performance and driveability.

Back