• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33 X 9.5 x 15 BF Goodrich (Good bad or in different?)

I damn near bought them. Chickened out and went 33x10.5 at the last minute. The 10.5s tuck into the rear fenders (trimmed) and the fronts are close--I passed ME inspection w/o flares, but it's probably not technically quite legal. The 9.5s would have tucked in completely, I think (I'm running stock BS wheels). Here's a couple pix of mine with the 10.5s:

Front_ARB_on_Jeep.jpg

Quarter_ARB_Snorkle.jpg

I have ~3" of lift--OME springs and JKS ACOS in the front, OME leafs plus OME AAL in the rear on 8.8 axle.

I think they are too thin...

As far as fitment... They wont fit without trimming.

mecompco said:
I damn near bought them. Chickened out and went 33x10.5 at the last minute. The 10.5s tuck into the rear fenders (trimmed) and the fronts are close--I passed ME inspection w/o flares, but it's probably not technically quite legal. The 9.5s would have tucked in completely, I think (I'm running stock BS wheels). Here's a couple pix of mine with the 10.5s:

You went with MT's. As far as I know, BFG doesn't make 33x9.5 MT's anymore. From what I read, raised lugs and a narrow tire left create a contact patch that was too narrow. They only sell the 33x9.5 AT's now...

Markos said:
You went with MT's. As far as I know, BFG doesn't make 33x9.5 MT's anymore. From what I read, raised lugs and a narrow tire left create a contact patch that was too narrow. They only sell the 33x9.5 AT's now...

You could be right. I had BFG 235x75 ATs on the Jeep before going to the MTs. I really didn't want to run 'Wackers like everyone else around here does so though the 10.5s would tuck in. They do work well, aired down to 12lbs or so. They are light and work well on road as well--even in snow.

These are A/T, I don't mind the trimming. I think some day I will need to anyway.

My next concern is gearing... I have been set on 31's or maybe 32's but these 33's came along at a good deal so I am thinking about them, but I dunno.

Maybe I will just hold out for 31''s...

Errr Damn, I dunno. lol

swbooking said:
I think they are too thin...

As far as fitment... They wont fit without trimming.

Thanks for the comment...

Also we used to be neighbors... lol

I grew up in Highland/Redlands until about 4 years ago. (36 now :skull2:)

Any how... hello

Sweet, Yeah i used to live in East Higland Ranch and pretty much lived in Redlands @ my buddy's place. Ive lived all over SoCal.

Why the move to AZ?

swbooking said:
Sweet, Yeah i used to live in East Higland Ranch and pretty much lived in Redlands @ my buddy's place. Ive lived all over SoCal.

Why the move to AZ?

When did you live in the Ranch?

I moved to AZ for a few reasons...
First, I live in Northern AZ, Near Prescott. (6200ft Elev. Snow and cold winters, 90's summers)

Second, I moved here for a great job, that I looked for to get out of the crime and air quality of the IE.

Yeah i know theres lots of good reasons to leave lol...

Um lets see... about 8 or 9 years ago. Its been a while. Lived on Sandalwood.

Ahh I see, well I moved from East Highland about 11 years ago, I lived off Eucalyptus & Boulder.

Well enjoy...

No I just need to decide if I might like these 33's... I think I might just wait and get 31's, Damn I wish I knew. Not knowing my gear ratio is not helping either. Err

Just about ready for my second set of BFG 33x10.5 MT's. Great tire IMHO.

fyrfytr1717 said:
Just about ready for my second set of BFG 33x10.5 MT's. Great tire IMHO.

I've had lots of the A/T & M/T BFG, you're right they are great tires. But the 33x9.5 just seemed like a tall skinny tire so I wanted to ask about the size, not really the type.

I only have a 3" lift, and I was not sure if I could fit these tires with such a small lift... I plan on trimming fenders some day anyways but still think I might have to stay with maybe 31's??

I sorts hoped someone could say here is a pic on my jeep with 33's with a 3" lift. lol But it seems like most with 33's have 4"+ lift :dunno:

AboveNBeyond said:
I've had lots of the A/T & M/T BFG, you're right they are great tires. But the 33x9.5 just seemed like a tall skinny tire so I wanted to ask about the size, not really the type.

I only have a 3" lift, and I was not sure if I could fit these tires with such a small lift... I plan on trimming fenders some day anyways but still think I might have to stay with maybe 31's??

I sorts hoped someone could say here is a pic on my jeep with 33's with a 3" lift. lol But it seems like most with 33's have 4"+ lift :dunno:

Mine is right around 3" or just a hair more in the pix above. The rear is not a problem, with the trimming done and bump stops installed. The fronts rub the LCAs (have not adj. steering stops yet) and w/o extended bumpstops will hit the top of the fenders even w/o the sway bar disco'ed. I'm going to trim the front fender out some more and I think with the correct bumpstops it will be fine.

PS 4.56 gears are perfect with these tires.

mecompco said:
I really didn't want to run 'Wackers like everyone else around here does

the common naxja assesment of bushwackers is that theyre over priced, and under strong, some even think they have sex with other fenderflares... (gay)...please dont make such wild statements about naxja

AboveNBeyond said:
Anyone run these BFG 33x9.5 tires? What do you think of them?
Ive ran them before and my so called friends mocked me.
Too skinny in my opinion, not enough tread, and too much sidewall.
33X10.5's are MUCHO better.

I really was thinking maybe because they were skinnier that maybe they would fit easier and tuck with only a 3" lift and fender trimming.

But I think I will just go with 31's or 32's being I have the factory (35/30 I think) and probably 3.55 gears??

If you have an auto and a 4.0 you probably have 3.54s

If AX-15 and 4.0 probably 3.07s

Just check the tag on your diff it will tell you. Also if its missing, search around theres lots of ways to tell what ratio you have.

Back