• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear brake size?

The size of the drum is written in big letters on the outside of the drum itself. Try using chalk to expose the numbers.

GrimmJeeper said:
good lord :doh:

Am I a dumb*ss or just plain ignorant? I know for a fact that the size is stamped onto my 95' with a 8.25. I'd assume my '99 is the same way.

xj88superjeep said:
Thanks, real helpful! Is that how you got to 7,000 posts?

haha pretty much...

.!.:D.!.

Crabapple said:
Am I a dumb*ss or just plain ignorant? I know for a fact that the size is stamped onto my 95' with a 8.25. I'd assume my '99 is the same way.

You've got it right........though I think that my 44 drum's only show max diameter.

As far as I know 10"x2 1/2" Drums only came with a D44. Mine only have the diameter stamped on the drum, not the width. The early 10" drums look the same from the outside, the 1.75" just has a bigger flare. You measure the width of the brake shoe or the braking surface on the inside of the drum.

xj88superjeep said:
Thanks, real helpful! Is that how you got to 7,000 posts?
:rolleyes:

if you want to know what size something is take it off and measure it. that would be the easiest way. in the time it took you to post this question and wait for answers you could have had it done already.

Sorry, I figured we were here to help each other... From now on I'll answer every question with "go figure it out yourself"

xj88superjeep said:
Sorry, I figured we were here to help each other... From now on I'll answer every question with "go figure it out yourself"
how would someone on the internet know what was on your specific jeep? you give no mention about your XJ, we can only assume its an 88 from your username.. what axle is in it? d35 or d44?

i know the internet is a magical place, but not everyone on here is psychic. im not telling you to piss off and go figure it out yourself, you just asked what was the easiest way, giving no info. taking it off and looking at it is the easiest way. sorry you got all butthurt but i dont understand why you wouldnt just look at it. for christs sake, its only 5 nuts you have to take off it should take you no more than 15 mins.

good luck. if you want me to do a writeup about taking off the lugnuts and how to use a tape measure i will be glad to do so. :cheers:

Haha, funny thing is, I'm not hurt at all... I just got done telling someone that their command-trac was a command-trac without telling him it would have been easier for him to just google "command-trac" OBVIOUSLY I wanted to know if there was an easier way than removing the wheel, but some people are too tarded to just say "sorry bro, there's no easier way." without making themselves look stupid.

xj88superjeep said:
OBVIOUSLY I wanted to know if there was an easier way than removing the wheel, but some people are too tarded to just say "sorry bro, there's no easier way." without making themselves look stupid.
what would be easier than removing the wheel? you are just lazy.

the search function does not suck at all you just need to know how to use it. there is a sticky at the top of this forum that explains how to use it.

have a nice day.

Yeah, I read that sticky, and there went your post count one more tick higher on another useless reply... Have a nice life...

xj88superjeep said:
Yeah, I read that sticky, and there went your post count one more tick higher on another useless reply... Have a nice life...
your post is useless as well. its no better than asking "does my jeep have a trailer hitch on it?" go out and look at it.

if you want someone to do everything for you just take your jeep to a mechanic and have them work on it for you. you obviously have no desire to try and figure anything out for yourself. if you want to know this type of thing without doing any physical work call your local chrysler/jeep dealer, give them your VIN information, and they will tell you everything you could ever want to know about your jeep. you can even go into the support section of jeep.com and email them asking for an option sheet for your jeep which will state every thing your jeep came with from the factory.

part of the fun for me is working on my jeep myself, and learning what i can about it before i have to ask for help. im sorry if i offended you, but you seem to have no desire to know anything about your jeep other than what you can find on this site.

best of luck to you. the thing about these jeeps, is in order to have one, and like it, you have to enjoy working on it. asking someone what size the parts on your jeep that is sitting right there in front of you is just rediculous.

again, sorry if i offended you, i dont mean to upset you.

good luck.

Back