• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Passenger side half door?

vintagespeed

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, my driver's side halfie is almost done and I'm trying to think of reasons to do the passenger side. (other than it looks cooler) Any comments?

I woulda thought you'd have something smart to say Mark. Dont tell me you're afraid to cut on your Jeep?

Here's some pics, I'm gonna try to finish it up this weekend.

half_in.jpg

half_out.jpg

half_side.jpg

From my vast garage wheeling experience I'd say this is a good mod and I really like how much better I can see the neighbor's garage from mine. :rolleyes:

Sure, but can you put it back together? hehe.

Well that's a fair arguement. Good one!

2. Easier for your scarred-to-death passenger to lean out and puke.

3. When your rig is laying on the passenger side, you'll have a larger escape opening to crawl out.

4. When crawling thru deep water, your passenger can more accurately spot the critical water line.

All good, except the last one. If I'm in water that deep, I'm floating. :)

I finished my front half doors and asked myself the same Q about the rears. I prefer to run the tube doors, they're less hassle. Hey Vintagespeed, I live in Ontario, "H" and Campus. We both know Mike Lockwood, he tells me you have a nice set-up... tools, shop and the like.

Cool, you'll have to come by sometime & have a beer. You can help me push my Heep out of the garage. ;) Hopefully it'll be running next weekend. I'm on Arrow near San Antonio.

vintagespeed said:
Ok, my driver's side halfie is almost done and I'm trying to think of reasons to do the passenger side. (other than it looks cooler) Any comments?

Halfie ?. It looks like a 2/3 door to me. :D Hope the drinking isn't slowing the project toooo much. I think someone else is on your heals.

LOL, nothing speeds up the welding process like a few Tecates. How's your project coming Mike?

Looks good so far, what's your ideas on the interior of the door? Doesn't matter or cut and fit the stock door panel to fit or maybe some matching carpet cut to fit?

I want to buy an extra door or doors (never thought of the fact that the time put into fabbing the passenger side door is a waste other than looks) from the u-pull-it and go to town.

Back