• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shackle relocation bracket install and review

GI-John

NAXJA Forum User
I installed these over the weekend. When I recieved them, (within two days of ordering) the first thing I noticed was how beefy they were. Well made with attention to detail that I appreciated. All holes were cleaned up, and no sharp edges.

Install went fairly straightforward, however I have a unique setup in the rear with my custom bumper so things did not go as well as I wanted them to. (no hit on the Mfgr, just me)

After some frustration with my setup, things went together well. I had to rely on the internet directions (which were here in NAXJA) instead of supplied ones. If I had the supplied directions, I would have saved a lot of time.

Once things went together and I tightened everything down, I took a test drive. I immediately noticed the increased ride height. I did not measure because I already have some sag in my RE springs, but the ride was INCREDIBLE!

I have not been so impressed with the ride since I went from short arm to long arm; IMO the ride itself was worth the money.

Overall, two greasy thumbs up on a great product. Thanks Guys!

John

I installed mine on my 94 2 door and love them. I do have to agree that I wish I had gotten instructions with them. But these things are awesome and let me extend my wheelbase to 106 inches with an MJ spring. Just buy a set you will never regret it.

We will print out the instructions and start including them with the shipments.

Glad you guys like them, where are all the ubber flexy pics????

xjboy said:
I assume that they wont work on mine due to the fact that I am running a hitch?

They will fit between the frame and the hitch, hitch will end up 1/4" lower. Or you can cut off the piece that gets "sandwiched" between the hitch and frame and weld them in, there are plenty of rossett holes and plenty of room for perimeter welds.

xjboy said:
I assume that they wont work on mine due to the fact that I am running a hitch?

I really don't think you'll have a problem. I have a custom bumper and there were no issues with clearance. The hitch will have to go OVER the brackets, not under them; I didn't know this until too late.

Sorry no Uberflex Pics. I now have more flex than I did before, and need longer shocks:doh: :doh:

John

BRIANHO13 said:
If you do not change the angle of the shackle you get 1.5"s

So if I move the shackle forward on the bracket I could get less lift, correct! I need about 1" lift right now and a better pinion angle. I was looking at longer shackles but these look more "adjustable" for future mods. I'm running RE superflex 4.5" and 3/4" blocks. I want to loose the blocks and still gain 1-1/4 to 1-1/2" lift above what the springs are giving me.

Do I have to mod the exhaust?

xjtrailrider said:
So if I move the shackle forward on the bracket I could get less lift, correct! I need about 1" lift right now and a better pinion angle. I was looking at longer shackles but these look more "adjustable" for future mods. I'm running RE superflex 4.5" and 3/4" blocks. I want to loose the blocks and still gain 1-1/4 to 1-1/2" lift above what the springs are giving me.

Do I have to mod the exhaust?

Yes you will get less lift with more angle, no you will not have to mod your exhaust.

Back