• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New fan blower motor but still doesn't move alot of air?

nate438

NAXJA Forum User
I have an xj that I just put a new fan blower motor in for the heater/ac. It works well but it seems like when you go from the medium speed setting to the hi setting it doesn't change much at all. Is there a realy of the fan controls them selves that might be causing another issue here?

Thanks.

Wolfpackjeeper:

My 1993 ZJ does the same thing. With the hi/off thing.......would a junkyard replacement of the whole knob/switch assembly probably do it?

nate438 said:
I have an xj that I just put a new fan blower motor in for the heater/ac. It works well but it seems like when you go from the medium speed setting to the hi setting it doesn't change much at all. Is there a realy of the fan controls them selves that might be causing another issue here?

Thanks.

Sounds like your Thermal Fuse in your resistor pack has blown..........
http://www.geocities.com/chmwatson/FAQs/Jeep/HVAC-fuselink_fix.html

I fixed mine for $1.40.

thanks for the write up but I checked it and when I pulled it out it would only work on hi but when I put in back in it works the same as usuall on all 3 speeds so I think the resistor is good.

Strange, new blower motor resitor is good, but still the fan speed barley changes from medium to high.

What year? You might need to change the resistor pack under the the passenger side dash as well.

i would have a look at the switch, it sounds like you have covered everything else. If you used to use the high setting a lot then the contacts for it may have gotten worn down. That is what happened with the suburban. We really only use the two medium settings, so those were the first to go

I would say it is either the resistor pack or the outside air damper door that is the problem. Is it the High MAX air setting that is not blowing at MAX AC? If so check the vacuum line to the damper door actuator valve, passenger side near the door.

Back