• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

from 4" to 4.5"

blackdoutxj

NAXJA Forum User
id like to go up to a 4.5 lift?! and im runnin stuff for a 3" will i need to get upper control arms or can i manage... thanks!

Check out Yucca-Man's site,

http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/re_db.html

Scroll down to the bottom, he has a suggested CA length table based on lift height, and it looks like 4.5" is about the highest you can go with stock arms. I would expect your front pinion angle to be a little high, but I think it would work.

my 91 has 4.5" lift and I have yet to swap my UCA's, I have adjustables that are awaiting install. I have zero driveability issues on my 100 mile daily commutes when I feel like driving instead of my Monte Carlo.

I have installed a RC 4.5" with out ucl's and when I first installed the lift I had bad front vibrations from 25-35 mph. Once I installed the JCR winch bumped and added 80 lbs of weight to the front the vibrations have gone away. Seems to me that 4.5 might be the upper limit without changing them.

Back