• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSB 02-08-99 JUN 99 - Front Shock mounts

mhopton

NAXJA Forum User
I've got this knocking that the TSB describes and it seems that it is coming from the front shocks. I have had the shocks replaced, but still have the knocking.

The TSB calls for new bolts and nuts and the torque to be set at 25lbft vs 16lbft from the factory.

Here's the question: I've never changed out a shock before, so I'm not familiar with the process. However, this looks to be a pretty straightforward and simple process of unbolting one bolt at a time, putting in a new one and torquing it down, then doing the next one (each shock has two lower mounting bolts). Is this ok? Are there safety concerns, etc.

Has anyone else got, or had this knock and if so have you done this TSB? Did it cure the knocking?

Thanks,
Mike

I had lots of knocking, it seems that the rubber bushings just went away, I bought new bushings and it was quiet for about 3 miles, then those went away. I finally went to the local 4wd shop, asked if he had any poly bushings, he gave me an old take off set for free, and it hasn't had a problem since.

Back