• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

H2 wheels, crossover steering, leaves

woody431

NAXJA Forum User
Im running a full width ford 44 up front with leaves, using a WFO high steer arm, GM draglink ends. Im thinking about using H2 wheels, but I think with the 5" of backspacing, Im not sure if they will clear the ends. Is anyone running a setup like this by chance? I dont want to use wheel spacers, and if need be Ill just try different wheels..Any thoughts? Thanks

woody431 said:
Im running a full width ford 44 up front with leaves, using a WFO high steer arm, GM draglink ends. Im thinking about using H2 wheels, but I think with the 5" of backspacing, Im not sure if they will clear the ends. Is anyone running a setup like this by chance? I dont want to use wheel spacers, and if need be Ill just try different wheels..Any thoughts? Thanks

I'm running a full width D44 from a 1978 F250 with coil springs, high steer, 1 ton chevy tres, inverted T draglink / tie rod configuration and 5" backspaced Cragar steel wheels. Everything clears just fine, however the high steer arms that I am using are offset to provided more clearance around the tire/wheels.

arms1-1.jpg

I am also using a stock Wagoneer pitman arm to get full turning radius.
new-pitman1-1.jpg

I had to relocate the trackbar above the axle to keep the draglink and trackbar parallel.
trackbar2-2.jpg

Yeah, well I just stumbled across a decent set of 35s for 15" rims, so I guess Ill just get some 8 lug steelies with the correct backspace. Thanks for the help though

Back