PDA

View Full Version : anyone here live in the 805 area..

TwistedcaB
August 10th, 2008, 23:54
mainly around SLO to Paso robles?

crazyjim
August 11th, 2008, 02:00
I'm pretty sure slo is more part of the Sierra chapter than part of the SoCal chapter.

TwistedcaB
August 11th, 2008, 03:46
ok wasent sure haha. thanks man

johnnyc
August 11th, 2008, 07:37
Technically, SLO is south of Bakersfield, so it IS part of the SoCal Chapter. Big Sal (aka SPORTY XJ) is out that way in Los Alamos.

crazyjim
August 11th, 2008, 07:43
Technically, SLO is south of Bakersfield, so it IS part of the SoCal Chapter. Big Sal (aka SPORTY XJ) is out that way in Los Alamos.
Oh man... that sucks. Have you ever BEEN to San Louis Obispo? I was hoping we didn't have to claim that place. :moon:

GauchoMD
August 11th, 2008, 11:09
Dude, I thought other than a couple people in Bakersfield us Santa Barbarians were the northernmost members...

ocean_jet
August 11th, 2008, 11:25
A guy who lives in Banning is suggesting that SLO sucks?

:looney:

GrimmJeeper
August 11th, 2008, 11:30

:looney: burn!

GauchoMD
August 11th, 2008, 11:35

Oh damn...that's just cold... Hahahaha :laugh:

crazyjim
August 11th, 2008, 15:34

Hey, at least I can wheel out there :D

And SLO doesn't suck due to normal things that make it suck. It's just a BORING ass town, NOBODY knows how to drive up there, and it's FULL of latte sipping fairy's

GrimmJeeper
August 11th, 2008, 15:51
Hey, at least I can wheel out there :D

And SLO doesn't suck due to normal things that make it suck. It's just a BORING ass town, NOBODY knows how to drive up there, and it's FULL of latte sipping fairy's oh come on Jim, aside from to boring part people say that about ALL of cali

lol
:D

GauchoMD
August 11th, 2008, 22:19
Is there a University in Banning? Because I'm sure Cal Poly SLO has its fair share of hot coeds...

TwistedcaB
August 11th, 2008, 23:12
haha yeah there sure is ( SLO ). but i think Santa Barbara wins by a hair. cant wait to go there on Friday haha

SPORTY XJ
August 12th, 2008, 01:18
Iam 40 miles south of slo I do know the area what do you need to know Big Sal

SPORTY XJ
August 12th, 2008, 01:22
Oh man... that sucks. Have you ever BEEN to San Louis Obispo? I was hoping we didn't have to claim that place. :moon:
Thats funny I thought any thing south of Buellton sucked :doh:
Big Sal

RobertF
August 12th, 2008, 09:18
We should have a North 805 run.
Some weekend when it's not triple digits I like going over High Mountain, run the Garces Wilderness trail at the top, then down to Pozo/Turkey Flats and the Las Chichis trail followed by Pine Mountain with the Stair steps from the La Panza side. More moderate stuff could be done for stockers. Or does anybody have any other favorites in the SLO area. There's the Big Rocks trails through Rock Front Ranch off the 166 that's in SLO county, though it's just out of Santa Maria, for challenging stockers.

juryrigjalopy
August 12th, 2008, 09:31
I have my own "offroad park" in the 805....its private though.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/juryrigjalopy/n747140329_1229901_1265.jpg

TwistedcaB
August 12th, 2008, 12:57
We should have a North 805 run.
Some weekend when it's not triple digits I like going over High Mountain, run the Garces Wilderness trail at the top, then down to Pozo/Turkey Flats and the Las Chichis trail followed by Pine Mountain with the Stair steps from the La Panza side. More moderate stuff could be done for stockers. Or does anybody have any other favorites in the SLO area. There's the Big Rocks trails through Rock Front Ranch off the 166 that's in SLO county, though it's just out of Santa Maria, for challenging stockers.

that would be pretty cool. i havent been out to Pozo yet but i've heard the stair steps are pretty nuts

GauchoMD
August 12th, 2008, 13:04
Hey Twisted! RobertF, myself (Jason), and JuryrigJalopy (Ken) all live in Santa Barbara...with SportyXJ between you in SLO and us here maybe we could do a run sometime soon? RobertF knows his trails, and my rig, so I'm down for wherever he wants to wheel.

01_XJ
August 12th, 2008, 13:20
I just moved to Oceano. I posted up in the Sierra chapter and only got one response. Seems like its kind of the area neither chapter wants :(

GauchoMD
August 12th, 2008, 13:29
Dude, its not that nobody wants that area, there just arent as many members in certain areas between the Sierra Chapter and SoCal chapter...at least not active members. Anything South of Bakersfield is technically SoCal Chapter. Even us in Santa Barbara are pretty isolated from most of the SoCal members, the majority of which live in LA and San Diego. We can always get a group together to go wheeling in our neck of the woods...

GauchoMD
August 12th, 2008, 13:29
:thumbup: Right Robert?

GrimmJeeper
August 12th, 2008, 13:34
We can always get a group together to go wheeling in our neck of the woods... could there be so many members in CA we need 3 CHATPERS!!?!? haha

GauchoMD
August 12th, 2008, 13:39
could there be so many members in CA we need 3 CHATPERS!!?!? haha

You're not getting rid of us that easily! :gee:

GrimmJeeper
August 12th, 2008, 13:47
You're not getting rid of us that easily! :gee: haha :cheers:

Leep
August 12th, 2008, 13:51

All I can say is SLO BREWERY on alumni night...:wierd:

01_XJ
August 12th, 2008, 13:53
Yea, I'm used to being in SD and seeing a lot of people local. I really want to get my jeep out on some trails around here sometime soon.

juryrigjalopy
August 12th, 2008, 14:19
Hey Twisted! RobertF, myself (Jason), and JuryrigJalopy (Ken) all live in Santa Barbara...with SportyXJ between you in SLO and us here maybe we could do a run sometime soon? RobertF knows his trails, and my rig, so I'm down for wherever he wants to wheel.

By the way: Ken=Santa, KG=JuryRigJalopy. And don't count on me planning on going on a run. I am a fulltime student, work, and focus more on my aquatic hobbies more than jeeping, not that I wont go, I am just not in the position financially to commit to anything. In the coming years this school will pay off, then I will be able to play with ya'll more often.
-KG

GauchoMD
August 12th, 2008, 15:35
Sorry KG, wasn't commiting you to a run, just saying you live in town and could, potentially, go...

juryrigjalopy
August 12th, 2008, 16:04
Sorry KG, wasn't commiting you to a run, just saying you live in town and could, potentially, go...

Thats cool:cheers:. I just hate it when people say that they are going to do something and had no interest/ability in going through with it.

IslanderOffRoad
August 12th, 2008, 19:07
I'm 805... about as far south 805 you can get. And thats only half the year; the rest of the year I'm 310.

But my cell phone is 818 to ensure I confuse everyone.

RobertF
August 12th, 2008, 19:25
I'm 805... about as far south 805 you can get. And thats only half the year; the rest of the year I'm 310.

But my cell phone is 818 to ensure I confuse everyone.

Hey John I tried to call you a couple of times the other weekend, when you were heading up to Hungry Valley, about wheeling Miller that Saturday morning. I guess with the tent malfunction it wasn't meant to be!
Next time your'e on the mainland for a weekend, post up and we 805'ers should stir up some dust!

.hendrix.
August 12th, 2008, 20:59
i live in santa barbara. i leave for college up north on the 26th though...

Smittty9785
August 12th, 2008, 21:05
I just moved from Atascadero and worked in SLO. DAMN does SLO have the hottest spoiled rich chicks or what... SLO is bad ass in my opinion. Plenty of places to wheel in pozo and such, just nothing too estreme. Most people have no idea what the stair steps are and they are pretty tough. Proabley the toughest trail in SLO county...

GauchoMD
August 12th, 2008, 21:09
i live in santa barbara. i leave for college up north on the 26th though...

Where are you heading Hendrix?

TwistedcaB
August 12th, 2008, 21:31

im in. just gotta get some bump stops dont feel like crunching the fenders haha. if we could find a good place somewhere in the middle maybe that'd be awsome.

GauchoMD
August 12th, 2008, 22:13
im in. just gotta get some bump stops dont feel like crunching the fenders haha. if we could find a good place somewhere in the middle maybe that'd be awsome.

I'll talk to Robert and see where/when we could go and PM you. When would be good for you?

IslanderOffRoad
August 12th, 2008, 22:58
Hey John I tried to call you a couple of times the other weekend, when you were heading up to Hungry Valley, about wheeling Miller that Saturday morning. I guess with the tent malfunction it wasn't meant to be!
Next time your'e on the mainland for a weekend, post up and we 805'ers should stir up some dust!

Absolutely!

I haven't gone hands free yet so my cell phone sees very little use now. Sorry I missed the calls, at the end of the night I was just exhausted and crashed.

September will be busy getting the Jeep ready for Moab but I will need a shakedown run before I go.

TwistedcaB
August 12th, 2008, 23:05
I'll talk to Robert and see where/when we could go and PM you. When would be good for you?
ok sounds good. well i have School starting on the 27th and moving on the 5th haha. gona be a busy between those. so yeah sometime after the 5th on a weekend probally. and have to know how far it is so i know how much $$$ i need for gas.

TwistedcaB
August 12th, 2008, 23:11
hey Gaucho J/W what set ups you guys have on ur jeeps

GauchoMD
August 13th, 2008, 11:23
PMing you :compwork:

Smittty9785
August 13th, 2008, 20:29
hey Gaucho J/W what set ups you guys have on ur jeeps
you just move to Templeton? Whats a pic of your rig?

TwistedcaB
August 13th, 2008, 20:58
no i've lived in Templeton for a long time. why?

heres a pic of mine. 5.5 With 33's. heres a pic from today messin around on one of the back trails.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e13/D-stuck/my%20jeep/IM005346.jpg
and a still one:
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e13/D-stuck/my%20jeep/IM005337.jpg

TwistedcaB
August 13th, 2008, 21:48
Smittty do you live near templeton?

.hendrix.
August 13th, 2008, 23:59
Where are you heading Hendrix?
cal maritime...

Smittty9785
August 15th, 2008, 18:43
Smittty do you live near templeton?
No i used to live in Atascadero, Just moved from there a few months ago. Your jeep looks farmiliar. You used to have a big green Monster "M" on the side? I dont think you would recognize mine. I worked in SLO and rarely drove it on the highway to Templeton or Paso. Wish i knew you lived there we could have gone to POZO. I didnt know any other XJ drivers around the area so never got to go wheelin with people.

TwistedcaB
August 19th, 2008, 12:13
well i never had one on the side i dont think... hadone on the back window... before that window got.. annihilated on a trail haha. so ur livign in portland now? damn haha

xtimmax
August 19th, 2008, 15:28
Is there a University in Banning? Because I'm sure Cal Poly SLO has its fair share of hot coeds...

x2.. I was up there this weekend.. Even the ugly ones arent that bad!!!

Smittty9785
August 25th, 2008, 18:59
well i never had one on the side i dont think... hadone on the back window... before that window got.. annihilated on a trail haha. so ur livign in portland now? damn haha
hmm well what kind of axles you got and what kind of lift you running? You know of any other people with xj's in SLO county? I think there are a couple more people in Templeton just not sure they are on here. Once i get my axles swapped im thinking of taking a trip down that area just to visit and do some hardcore wheelin.

TwistedcaB
August 30th, 2008, 00:16
well i have the stock axles Dana 30/35 with a Rustys 4.5" (measures almost 6)
i know 2 people in Templeton with XJ's and and a couple others in SLO county. how long till u get ur axles swapped?

RobertF
August 30th, 2008, 11:38
Hey TwistedcaB,
Next weekend if you want I could run you through some of the Pozo/Turkey Flats trails, your'e only like 20 minutes from them.

01 XJ, If you want to go we could meet up in Arroyo Grande, and go over High Mountain to meet TwistedcaB in Pozo

Big Sal, any interest?
It's 100miles for me up to Arroyo Grande where I'm hitting the dirt on High Mountain, at least 50 for you, it maybe just a easy trail run for stockers, but hey, theyr'e XJ's!

GauchoMD is out of town this weekend, but I'll run it by him when he gets back.

I'd go right now but the wife and I got work this weekend.

TwistedcaB
August 30th, 2008, 16:07
man i'd love to have to see if i can get the money for gas.. maybe have a friend come along and have him pay haha. what i usually do when i cant afford it haha. i've only been to Pozo once ( not wheelin ) so might be kinda hard to describe a place to meet haha

Smittty9785
August 31st, 2008, 17:31
it is a sweet place to go wheelin. There is a jeep only trail at the top of the mountain that RobertF is talking about. Once you get into SLO you can take Tank Farm road all the way out to Lopez lake. Once you hit lopez lake you take a right, right before the sign., follow that all the way through. At the top of the mountail you can take a left or a right, left takes your to a campsite and right takes you into pozo at the rangers station. But right before the right or left turn marks there will be a little slope you go down to the right. take that for like 100 feet and you will see a sign that says SLO 4 WHEELERS. Its not a crazy trail but there is one spot that is kinda sweet. I took mine out there when i had a 4.5" lift locked rear on 31's and still had a little trouble getting up. Some big ass rocks... you should go, if i still lived down there i would be heading along with you guys. its beautiful up there especially this time of year... My axles right now are taken apart all i need to do is get some chevy flat top knuckles, spindles, caliper brackets and all the brake hardware for the front and rear. Once that is done ill be ready to go anywhere. well almost...

RobertF
August 31st, 2008, 19:41
it is a sweet place to go wheelin. There is a jeep only trail at the top of the mountain that RobertF is talking about.

Il's called the Garces Wilderness 4x4 Trail, cherry-stemming into, you guessed it, the Garces Wilderness.

TwistedcaB
August 31st, 2008, 22:38
well you guys still on for next weekend. i worked my ass off to get some Gas money so i can go haha. how much gas you guys think the whole trip uses just to get an idea? ( 33's with stock gears to help )

Smittty9785
September 2nd, 2008, 11:12
youll be fine if you have a full tank...

TwistedcaB
September 2nd, 2008, 16:28
ok. think im gona bring a little extra just in case. had some close calls before haha

Smittty9785
September 3rd, 2008, 21:54
ok. think im gona bring a little extra just in case. had some close calls before haha
good call. better to be safe then sorry.

TwistedcaB
September 3rd, 2008, 22:04
so's everyone still goin or what?

RobertF
September 4th, 2008, 10:57
so's everyone still goin or what?

Saturday's good for me.
I haven't run it by GauchoMD yet.
Big Sal's got some work to do on the rig and regrettably can't make it.
01 XJ? Want to go get some dust on your rig?

GauchoMD
September 4th, 2008, 12:13
Can't make it, just got back from NYC mid this week and have a wedding (I'm best-man so can't miss it) this weekend... I thought we were shooting for later in September?

GauchoMD
September 4th, 2008, 12:14
BTW, hi Robert, sorry I've been MIA lately, I've a busy MoFo the past couple weeks :gee:

TwistedcaB
September 4th, 2008, 20:26
so whats the plan where we gonna meet and what trails ( if you know the names ) and can you PM your cell number or somethin haha. i have a feelin i will get lost on the way there

TwistedcaB
September 4th, 2008, 22:12
also are we goin saterday or sunday. saterday is the only day i think i can make it ( moving )

RobertF
September 5th, 2008, 00:17
also are we goin saterday or sunday. saterday is the only day i think i can make it ( moving )

Saturday is good for me.
Santa Margarita would be a good place to meet. Take the 101 south to the 58 east (El Camino Real). Just on the east side of the 101, the 58 has some truck parking on the south side of the 58, alongside the railroad tracks. This would be a good place to meet. I would meet up in Greater Down Town Santa Margarita (that's a joke) at the gas station/tire store on the corner of El Camino Real and Encina Ave. but last time I was through, it was being remodeled.
I'll PM you my numbers.

RobertF
September 5th, 2008, 00:35
so whats the plan and what trails ( if you know the names )

I was thinking the Pine Mountain trail (minus the stair steps) to get you warmed up, and then the Las Chichies trail (has two big rock outcrops, not tities) for as moderate a trail as unlocked d30/35's are going to do. We could run up High Mountain after that to look at the begining of the Garces Wilderness trail, but I don't think you would tackle that trail open.
Do you have a CB?

TwistedcaB
September 5th, 2008, 06:37
allright that sounds good. the truck parkign is just off the free way right. i think i know what your talking about.

ok those trails sounds good thats where a couple of guys i know go.

and yeah i have a CB