• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It will pay to put the old in..READ IT

scottmcneal

NAXJA Forum User
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]A president's pension currently is $191,300 per year, until he is 80 years old.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif] Assuming the next president lives to age 80, Sen. McCain would receive ZERO pension as he would reach 80 at the end of two terms as president. Sen. Obama would be retired for 26 years after two terms and would receive $4,973,800 in pension.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif] Therefore it would certainly make economic sense to elect McCain in November.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif] Now that's a non-partisan way to make a decision, isn't it???[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif][/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Now this isn't being rude is it?[/FONT]

not to mention the Secrete Service bill to protect former presidents, not sure on the annual cost of that but it cant be cheap.

~Alex

I still hope Obama gets sent a bill for his use of Secret Service protection ($39,000 per day) if/when he loses this election. Pretty sure the amount of fund raising he's been able to do can cover that....

alex22 said:
not to mention the Secrete Service bill to protect former presidents, not sure on the annual cost of that but it cant be cheap.

~Alex

It's no longer for the life of pres. it's been narrowed down to, I think, 10 years afterwards or something like that.

red91 said:
It's no longer for the life of pres. it's been narrowed down to, I think, 10 years afterwards or something like that.

woudlnt it be cheaper to hire a merc. sniper to drop that down to 5 or less

Secret Service protection ..... We have them out here still for the priz wifes.. For what thats worth... We have all kinds of them that come to palm springs..

Yeah, and if he increases the deficeit by another TRILLION dollers? Or continues the Iraq war for, as McCain put it, a HUNDRED YEARS @ the going rate of TEN BILLION A YEAR. . .

Yeah, it totally makes economic sense to put the old in.

Does anyone really think Obama will live much past "I do Solemnly Swear"?

Ray H said:
Does anyone really think Obama will live much past "I do Solemnly Swear"?

it harkens of the days when JFK was up and coming and riding in a convertible...

I got $100.00 says he won't be anywhere near a "grassy knoll".

:eyes:

red91 said:
it harkens of the days when JFK was up and coming and riding in a convertible...

I got $100.00 says he won't be anywhere near a "grassy knoll".

:eyes:

He'll be standing next to a "sassy hole".:):):)

DWK said:
Yeah, and if he increases the deficeit by another TRILLION dollers? Or continues the Iraq war for, as McCain put it, a HUNDRED YEARS @ the going rate of TEN BILLION A YEAR. . .
You are a dumb ass. He never said we would keep the war going for a hundred years, he said we "might" keep troops there for a hundred years.

Ever heard of Korea?

If you are going to spew all over this site...at least spew correct info.

DrMoab said:
You are a dumb ass. He never said we would keep the war going for a hundred years, he said we "might" keep troops there for a hundred years.

Ever heard of Korea?

If you are going to spew all over this site...at least spew correct info.

Yes, I spent a year there serving in the military, thank you. And we aren't at war at the moment with Iraq, yet that still is the current cost. Dumbass.

How about this for spewing correct info (and BTW, you all can take the same advice when "spewing" about Obama)

"Bomb, bomb, bomb. Bomb, bomb Iran"

Who said that? I wonder how many billions we could spend on that and how that would affect our economy?

DWK said:
Yes, I spent a year there serving in the military, thank you. And we aren't at war at the moment with Iraq, yet that still is the current cost. Dumbass.

How about this for spewing correct info (and BTW, you all can take the same advice when "spewing" about Obama)

"Bomb, bomb, bomb. Bomb, bomb Iran"

Who said that? I wonder how many billions we could spend on that and how that would affect our economy?
Thanks for serving. You are still a dumb ass and you still spewed incorrect info about what he said.

Honestly we should bomb Iran. We should turn it into a nuke wasteland. Along with every other little pissant third world country that wants us dead.

BTW, Only a year? I thought it was don't ask don't tell. Who did you tell?

Whats the biggest monitary expense of the war in the middleast? Anyone know?
I dont think the war is as expensive as the number make it out to be.
Most of the troops over there would be over here if they werent there. We would still be paying them, feeding them and training them. Anyone who has been in the military knows it doesnt just shut down and go wait in a closet for war. there are huge expenses paid on a daily basis to keep our troops on payroll and to keep their training up to date.
I have to laugh whenever I see huge numbers thrown out there (and people that actually believe them) because after 8 years in the military I can tell you, its not free to have a standing military. My relatively educated guess is you can cut whatever number is fed to you by the media by about 2/3rds and come up with an accurate price tag for the war.

Oh yeah, fat chance the media or democrats are taking the cost of a standing military into consideration when they throw those numbers out there.

DrMoab said:
Thanks for serving.

BTW, Only a year? I thought it was don't ask don't tell. Who did you tell?

Your sincerity for my service is overwhelming. Conservative sincerity like yours is probably why our veteran health care is so super.

Did you serve? Or find out about "don't ask, don't tell" a little too late?

Back