• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dead speedo and Ck eng light?

dyna

NAXJA Forum User
After about 5 minutes of driving this am the check engine light came on and the speedo and odo died. Any idea where to start? its a 95,4.0,4x4,auto.
Thank you.

First ,crawl under and check the electrical connection on the speed sensor in the transfer case,if the connection is good,un-plug and remove sensor housing from the TC,check the gear/teeth for rotation and condition(not stripped off).
Next would be a electrical check of the wires.The sensor could be bad.

Wayne

For $35 bucks Napa has a new speed sensor in stock. Is it in the TC, or trans? Gotta admit I never payed any attention to its where abouts. With 200K I dont mind spending a few bucks on it, its been good to me.

After climbing underneath to repllace the speed sensor I find the real problem, F,ing vermin at it again. Damn mice ate the wiring harness up. so I`ll ask here and also in the wanted ads. does anyone have a 95 4.0 auto there parting out, I need the 3 wire factory harness that goes from the TC speed sensor up to the harness where it plugs in to the rest by above the oil filter area.
Please ,and thank You if you have one.

Back