• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question about muffler?

rjstiles

NAXJA Forum User
Today I was pulling aprt my dash to replace my evaporator and for some reason I ended up under my 2000 XJ. I discovered that my muffler has a hole in it and that my U bolts holding the Catverter and muffler were rusted and fell apart.
Here is the question, what do y'all recommend to do? Cat back magnaflow, glass pack, what?

I would like a good, bad sound but also good performance and mpg's.

As alway, thanks for the great comments!

:dunno:

Flowmaster Delta 50 with a generic hi-flow cat puts out a good sound...one that doesn't piss off the neighbors, too.

You might want to consider having a section of flex-pipe added to the exhaust while you're under it, to reduce stress on the exhaust manifold.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

As stated above I would highly recommend a Magnaflow Cat with either a Flowmaster 40 or 50 series muffler. OEM or Flowmasters are about the only mufflers I will use depending on the tone I want.

Well, I ended up having to replace it today so I went with a glass pack and it sounds great. It also seems to have a bit more power.:variety:

Back