• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shackle tow point

XJ Stryker

WHO DAT!
So I picked these up a while back

http://www.hicountryoffroad.com/Products/Cherokee/Recovery/cher_recovery.htm

Installing them tonight finally am a lil concerned though. I have to remove the steering gear box bolts. I already have my truck jacked up and the tires off. How much will the gear box shift when i pull the bolts out of it. I have jack stands underneath the unibody behind the LCA's. Then i have a floor jack under the front Diff. Will i have problems getting it to line back up or should it be a piece of cake to line back up.

Finishingup003.jpg

Thanks for the help

And flame away for not searching :firedevil

Trying to work on the truck now and would like to just check back here in a lil and see what yall say.

dont worry about it. you will be fine. i had to drop my box when i put my JCR bumper on and it bolted right back up.

There is a thin aluminum spacer sandwiched between the 'box and the frame. If you wiggle the box around enough, you can mis-align the spacer on re-assembly. Other then that, piece of cake. The steering column will hold the box pretty close to in place.

Back