• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just wondering..

XJANDTJ

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought a 1989 xj it states on the back (pioneer) not sure what this is maybe a model or trim level ?If you know let me know....

only when i turn the is a noise in the rear differential sounds like a rotating noise , no brakes are applied,seems like the rear diff....mayeb a locker or a limited slip ?

how do i check to see what diff's i have and transfer case.

Sounds like a locker to me...

Do the tires chirp? Is it lifted?

What engine do you have, most likely a 4.0 six cylinder. Bottom dollar you are running an NP 231 transfer case, Dana 30 front axle and Dana 35 rear. There should be (or could be, after all these years) a tag on the axle itself, usually on an upper-left diff cover bolt. Take some degreaser to it and try and read the tag, tells you a bunch about the axle, if it's still there.

:)

well it is not lifted just stock thats why i bought it so i could build it myself.it is auto 6 cyl no chirping noise from tires just sounds like an rubbing noise or rotating noise.

Back