• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Non starting for 8 months now

79yj

NAXJA Forum User
98 XJ 4.0 auto
One day it just didnt start.....will crank over fine but not start.

Changed the CPS (twice) The ECM (with junkyard unit) The relays The distributer pick up coil The battery.
no changes.

It doesnt get power to the coil or fuel to the rail unless I shortcut the relays.....even then it doesnt make spark.

A code reader shows P1694

I double checked the ECM connections...everything looks fine.
I checked the fuses 5 months ago I guess I can try that again & see if I missed something.
What do I try next ? I am lost.

Thanks,
Eric

Which fuses should I look at 1st.....I checked them all a few months back but I guess I could have missed one.

Does anyone have a fuse map that shows what powers what?

Thanks,
Eric

just don't look at the fuses. hit each side of the fuse with a multi meter while they are still installed. there is touch point in the plastic! mike

p.s. i believe more than just the cps can bring down the bus (communication). you might want to check both o2 sensors and their wiring. a short to ground can cause this condition. also start unpluging sensors and see if they all have 5 volts.

Back