• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Opinions on Rocker sliders

sherman08

NAXJA Forum User
Iv'e been looking at rocker sliders for a while now and it has come down to the JKS Supernerfs or the sliders from TNT w/ door tubes. I think i actually like how the TNT sliders look better than the JKS ones but the pics on their site do not show much. Price is very similar between the two, what are your thoughts? Thanks in advance

Check out Protofab's!

Support your local fabricator. I had Billy at OTRFabwerks here in SoCal fab me up a set, they were very reasonably priced, are hella stout, and no shipping. I would imagine there's a NAXJA guy in your area who could weld you up a set of sliders.

My $.02

I figure there's a reason you have it narrowed down to those two choices so to answer your original question (instead of just offering other suggestions), I like the JKS SuperNerfs. I've been running them for about 8 years now. I actually bought them back when they were ORGS (Off Road General Store) SuperNerfs but I believe the design is still the same. They've taken some hard hits and still look good years later. No complaints...

(Oh, and not that it really factored into my decision, but ORGS was my local fabricator as I was living in Laguna Niguel at the time)

Yea I wish there were NAXJA guys around here. There may be one or two but they keep to themselves. If i took my jeep in to get sliders put on theyd ask me what the hell i was talking about. Where I come from if you dont drive a Duramax your not even a blip on the screen lol. Thats why i love My Jeep so much. It's different than anything else around here.

The reason i wanted eather JKS or TNT was because of there angled door tube, i just liked how it looked better but for nearly half the $$$ im not sure i wouldnt rather go with the JCR's Yet on the other hand I do REALLY like that angled tube. Any opinions on eather or?

I opted for JKS because I can change the length of the arms in the future to account for frame stiffeners and I don't care for the punched flat stock look of TnTs set up (also adjustable... if not originally welded).

Granted all set ups can be cut up and made to work with stiffeners. I didn't want to buy something that I know I'd have to cut up to make work...

jeep on

sherman08 said:
The reason i wanted eather JKS or TNT was because of there angled door tube, i just liked how it looked better but for nearly half the $$$ im not sure i wouldnt rather go with the JCR's Yet on the other hand I do REALLY like that angled tube. Any opinions on eather or?

If you want, you could always contact the guys as JCR and explain what you want....I bet they would build it for you at a reasonable price.

I just installed a set of the same tnt sliders that you want and they look great. I dont have any pics right now sorry.

just my 2 cents
vbjornsson

edit: If you look at tnts front bumper page the pics show the sliders pretty well, although the ones on those jeeps look like there an older version but there isnt much difference in looks

Last edited:
Thanks a lott for all your help. ill try contacting JCR and see if they cant make something up for me. Otherwise it seems like both TNT and JKS are very similar. Ill just get whatever is chepaer/closer/easer when the time comes.

I have the stage 2s from JCR and love them. They have definatly doen there job, just wish I had gotten them sooner as my rockers are kinda rough :D

Skwerly said:
I got mine from AJ's Offroad, mention NAXJA and you get like 10% off. GREAT bars.

He hasn't got back to me in 3 or 4 months, i canceled my order on my bumpers.. All i got was my rails, then he got flooded then somthing else poped up... I hope JCR get mine done by the 20th like they said ..I hear they do great work so i went with them.. Should of done this the first time...

Back