• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Battery

dobbs571

NAXJA Forum User
Hello has any one run deep cycle battery in there jeep .I have a new 24m-xhd given to me ca is 1036 and cca is 876 thats twice what my stock has .Checked and it will fit undre the hood fine.fig it would be a good upgrade and wenter is comming in a fu mo too.

dobbs571 said:
Hello has any one run deep cycle battery in there jeep .I have a new 24m-xhd given to me ca is 1036 and cca is 876 thats twice what my stock has .Checked and it will fit undre the hood fine.fig it would be a good upgrade and wenter is comming in a fu mo too.

Is it a gell, liquid acid or AGM battery? Who builds it? Most deep cycle batteries don't have 876 CCA. Gell and liquid acid deep cycle batteries like to be charged slow, like 1-2 amp. More than that and they will overheat and fail. The AGM (absorbed glass mat, like an Optima or Exide Orbital), call be recharged at a much higher rate without issue.

Asher.mich said:
jst thrw dat in da heep b4 wenter & u b guud to g0.
are you my 13yr old female cousin by chance?
hate me for saying, but why not just spell all of the word your trying to say as opposed to using only 2/3 of the letters in the word, or something else all together?

as for OP.
do you have any additions to your stock current drain?
winch, amp, lights, etc etc.
if so, you may want to add this battery to your system.

No I dont have any other I do have a wench that fits over the bummper hitch I use sometimes. And I have a power inverter I use quite offten its 800 watts 12v to 120 v.

I fogot its lead battery from extreme energy a 24m- XHD the lable says CA 1036 and CCA 876 Marine Deep-Cycle Battery. It weights about 30lbs or so and is the same size as a standard 24 but about an in taller

Marine Deep-Cycle Battery.
This type of battery has the best of both worlds. A good surg rating with the long life exptancey of a deep cycle.
Use it.
But unless you intend to use you converter or winch a LOT a deep-cycle is not needed or will it pay for itself. They can cost a bit more then a most.

I have been pondering the same question since I've been thinking about buying a winch. I have a deep cycle marine that Everstart (Exide) from walmart that is rated at 75 amp hours, which is quite a bit more that the 55AH of the Optima yellow top. It only puts out 400 cold cranking amps, however. But from what I've read it should be OK for starting in warm weather. If I'm wrong someone could come along and correct me and address the OP's concerns as well.Would the recharge rate be to high as one poster descibes?

Last edited:
Asher, that's cute, but this is a fairly serious discussion board for people communicating tech concerns. Save that lingo for my space or wherever you kids go to be cool. Thank you.

It only puts out 400 cold cranking amps,
================================
That is a bit under the OEM that came with my Cherokee. As well as at the limit of some big winchs. You may want to check the draw of your winch. But I used the hell out of a plow lift with less battery then that and the battery life was ok.

Would the recharge rate be to high as one poster descibes?
=================================
I'm going to say no. Beside being good for high surge rate. M/DC they also put up with a much higher charge rate then a simple deep-cycle
(((((GENERALY))))))
I would drop a dime to the people that make the battery. They will know more about there battery then this grumpy old man anyway.

WHEN ALL ELSE FALES! READ THE DIRECTSION. :)

Rod Knee said:
Asher, that's cute. Save that lingo for wherever you kids go to be cool.
Romper Room or hanging out with Barney.
:confused1

Like I said it was free will not free.He got it for his boat and the motor blow so he got a new boat and motor it came with new batterys.He ower me some money and took the battery in on what he owed figg atless get that much. I think he said 105.00 what he give for it I took 30 off what he owed me .Figg it would help starting and stuff.

If its an Interstate Brand 24M-XHD its not a deep cycle, its a marine cranking battery and will work just fine.

However I don't see it fitting as its quite a bit taller than the recomended XJ battery.

dobbs571 said:
If CCA @ 0* is 876, you should be fine for the wenter dat is comming in a fu mo too.
Mounting may be the most trouble, the stock bolts wern't long enough for my new battery 1000CA @ 32*/ 700 @ 0*
Asher.bich said:
jst thrw dat in da heep b4 wenter & u b guud to g0.
Funny
Rod Knee said:
Asher, that's cute, but this is a fairly serious discussion board for people communicating tech concerns. Save that lingo for my space or wherever you kids go to be cool. Thank you.
You did read the original post right?
I understand your frustration, especially after reading a 10 page thread
only to try to unscramble this mess while still crosseyed:eyes:.

Last edited:
Back