• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Friends lotus is gone...

crazyjim

NAXJA Forum User
Not sure where the other thread went. Must have gotten deleted... perhaps @#$%# is a bad word too? I don't know.

Either way, those of you who have been following, a buddy of mine was going to run the AKA Rally, in his Lotus Elise. We installed a s/c on it the other night, busted my finger, etc.

Well, he called me today. The thing burned to the ground. It's gone, completely. :tears:

He noticed an orange glow from behind him, pulled over, and flames ripped through the vents in his engine cover. He and his GF got out of the car, he reached in and pulled his Halon fire system, worked a bit, but couldn't get the flames out completely. He sat there, on the side of the road, and watched his car burn to the ground. That had to be hard to watch.

Fire Department thinks it stemmed from something in the gas tank, due to how low it started. Which is ironic, because he just had Paladin install a euro spec fuel tank. They were having problems with it, and had just worked on it AGAIN after the gas gauge stopped working. We're not exactly sure what happened, but needless to say the rally won't be ran.

silverslk said:
It had pictures. Check the picture thread. haha

:roflmao:

As for pics, he's gonna grab some later tonight or tomorrow from the yard.
Here's a before shot

l_44e9385339185e291982df73ae199ca9.jpg

scottmcneal said:
:bawl: :bawl: :bawl: She was sweet
I agree, was far from stock as well.

Reverie Carbon Kevlar racing seat
5 point cam lock harnesses
Ohlins track coilovers
CF Splitter and undertray
Lotus Stage 2 exhaust w/ test pipe
SSR Comp wheels (super light)
Greddy S/C kit that was JUST installed...
Eurospec gas tank (16 gal)
Sequential shifter
Halon Fire System
There's more I'm just forgetting it.

crazyjim said:
Yea... have no idea where it is, I even searched for it.
me too... post nazis? seems you should be given warning before having your thread axed, eh?

what got it removed? non xj-related? i dont get it.

It was caused by a fuel leak from the supercharger.....

:flame:

As far as why the thread was moved.....I believe our BOD has
lost its way.

Is it time for impeachment proceedings?

Jump This said:
It was caused by a fuel leak from the supercharger.....

:flame:
Kind of what I was thinking. Last thing worked on is usually the culprit. Could have been the new fuel tank too if that was recent.

JohnX said:
Kind of what I was thinking. Last thing worked on is usually the culprit. Could have been the new fuel tank too if that was recent.
Funny you say that. Being in the business, don't you know that leaking fuel line was from the headlight I replaced last week. WTF?

ia green96 said:
Funny you say that. Being in the business, don't you know that leaking fuel line was from the headlight I replaced last week. WTF?
NOW WE KNOW!

It was sabotage from the headlight guys...

Those people from Iowa always hated Lotuses anyway!

Back