• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OEM Gas Tank Skid install questions

Engine One Eight

NAXJA Forum User
I picked up an OEM gas tank skid at my local junkyard and have questions about installing it. Do you take the plastic gas tank guard off? Do the metal bands hold up the gas tank and then the OEM skid covers the entire assembly? I ask this question beccause the gas tank skid plate I picked up has two indentions that look like they are for the metal bands that hold up the gas tank. The gas tank skid is a complete cover that covers the sides as well as bottom and mounts to the frame rail using the infamous nut strips. I'm up to speed on the nut strips as I made some to mount the receiver hitch when I added it. I'm planning on leaving the metal bands holding up the fuel tank and then covering it all up with the gas tank skid, UNLESS you guys tell me it goes some other way?

Thanks for the help
Engine One Eight

The plastic contacts the tank skid on the outside making it difficult to fit properly.
Use a metal snips or knife and trim the about an inch from both sides of the plastic guard. You do not have to remove the plastic to do this.

Back