• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New vehicle decision time: Stock LJ or upgraded XJ - Need advice

rocknxj

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, the lovely wife, knowing how I yearn for the trails and love all things with big beefy wheels, gave the go ahead to begin looking for a replacement vehicle for the van. Yeah, she's the boss and I like it that way. I just wish we never leased that crappy van.

I am thinking of either finding a 2005 Wrangler LJ (love that stretched size) or continuing my search for another 1999 Cherokee XJ.

If LJ, I will have to keep it relatively stock for a few years (due to overall cost).

If XJ, I will do a long arm lift, 33" tires, gears, and the good stuff all at once.

The kid goes to college next year and he will be taking Old Blue (hence the budget issue).

Advice? Anyone have an LJ they can comment on?

Why don't you ask you wife to make up your mind. She the boss and is going to do it in the end anyway.

badron said:
Why don't you ask you wife to make up your mind. She the boss and is going to do it in the end anyway.

Hell, I'm just happy she is talking Jeeps. This will be her vehicle to drive most days and mine to play with on the weekends. After 4 past Jeeps, I want to do it right this time.

personally, i think the LJ is a sweet platform... however, stock would suck! so id take the lifted XJ!! (unless you can get some 33s or something under the LJ, only takes 3" anyways)

Get another 99 and build it up......but my opinion may or may not be biased :D

And on another note, your son is one lucky SOB to have dad give him a nice XJ like that to take to college....I cant hardly get my dad to even help me work on mine.

Back