• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

just for you CRACKER

mikedashg

NAXJA Forum User
Tonights MANdatory MANmeals consists of a fresh 1 Litre Growler of Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale served in a Stone Brewery pint glass, with a Top Sirloin Steak. Suggested sauce pairing is Lea and Perrins Worcester Sauce marinade with a splash of Worcester on top. The bitter oaked ale complements the tangy worcester sauce.

mikedashg said:
Tonights MANdatory MANmeals consists of a fresh 1 Litre Growler of Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale served in a Stone Brewery pint glass, with a Top Sirloin Steak. Suggested sauce pairing is Lea and Perrins Worcester Sauce marinade with a splash of Worcester on top. The bitter oaked ale complements the tangy worcester sauce.

nice!!!

ccflexj said:
can you only get the specialty beers at the brewery? I had the Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Sthe other night and fell in love... would like to try some of their higher end brews!

Try BevMo or other high end specialty liquor stores.

Alot of the Stones are only available seasonally

Double Bastard and Oaked Bastard tend to come out retail around Christmas
Anniversary is late summer
Vertical Epic is the triple date: Tomorrow is Vertical Epic Day 08!
Barleywine is June
Imperial Stout late spring

thread reopened

ccflexj said:
can you only get the specialty beers at the brewery? I had the Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Sthe other night and fell in love... would like to try some of their higher end brews!

You can find SOME of the SPECIAL releases outside the brewery (like 08/08/08 vertical epic, and the Anniv special chocolate oatmeal stout) at your local store. But it's limited quantities, and limited loications. Some stores will limit how much u can buy of it too.

Same with AT Stone. You can only buy 1 growler of the special releases, and it's only available for 2 days, and they won't even let you taste it. They brew the thing once, and that's it.

There's a list on their site of some of the speical stuff, and when it's coming/came out: http://www.stonebrew.com/beers/ along with what you can get all the time.

Click on your nearest location and u can see what it's avail/where:
http://www.stonebrew.com/placementlist/index.html

Some of the really special stuff I think you can only get at the brewery, at certain times, like 06 Double Bastard, or Double Bastard aged in Brandy.

TheWarWagon said:
Nice placemats, fruitbasket. Martha Stewart pick those out for ya? :D

Bah! You failed the man test. If I show you a big bottle of awesome beer and a nice juicy grilled steak and you notice the floral placemats, You FAIL! :D

Remi passed.

Reminds me of a pic I think that was in the Den. Was of a hot girl, and there's a picture of a guy way way in the background in a towel or something. It said if you noticed the guy in the background ...

:D

mikedashg said:

I'm jealous! :thumbup:

And the steak is pink inside too :D

ocean_jet said:
Pretty sure that bastard is over 9%...

:cheers:

Nah, 7.2. But the stuff I REALLY like is over 9.

10% for Double Bastard

He's preaching to the choir anyway, I usually drink vodka, tequila, rum, cointreau, gin (all at once).

I'll play this game!! We being judged or what?

"Tonights MANdatory MANmeals consists of a" ribeye steak seasoned with fresh ground pepper, salt, and a bit of worchester sauce paired with a Stone Smoked Porter in a frosty mug. FYI - Whole Foods has a good selection of beer, they had Vertical Epic as well (gonna drink that with some chicken and taters tomorrow).

DSC01133.jpg

Back