• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what are the Teraflex rear rotors interchangeable with?

urban yan said:
I wanted to replace the rotors on the teraflex rear disc conversion with a cryotreated set, but I have no idea what other vehicle they're interchangeable with. I heard a few people mention you can use explorer rotors, but I have yet to confirm if it's true.

Any help would be great.

by no means take this as true tech, but when i bought my disk brake brackets from terraflex, i told them i was using '96 grand cherokee calipers with it (already had re-mans from a junkyard trade in), and he said they would bolt right up. the sold me just the backing plates, not the calipers, rotors, or brake lines. backing plates came loaded with e-brake parts and pads already

'96 or so grand cherokee should do you good.

I have the TeraFlex disk brake kit on my MJ. I recently replaced the pads and the rotors using 1997 Ford Explorer spec parts. So the 95-01 range is what you want.

urban yan said:
SWEET. thanks man.

I still need to figure out what I'll do for my e-brake line. The teraflex line is a staggering 200bucks..

The e-brake cable? I had enough slack adjustment in my MJ e-brake cable to extend them, slot a Ford clevis (available from Lokar), and insert the cable to the e-brake arm. Works great.

ebrakecable.jpg

Back