• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goodyear Terra Tires?

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
Ive run them before on other vehicles,my son and I were just talking about it again for the dunes.They are 31"x15.5"x15".Im thinking its possible with the right backspace and bumpstops,sure sounds like the good ole days!What do you think it would take?
terra-tire.jpg

awesome tires for the sand and extreme mud. There is a dot tire sold here ,that has almost the same tread pattern. They are made in Israel as a 31 and 33 x 15.5 x 15.

I would be intrested 33 x 15.5 15s. Who sells them. Now I wont be able to sleep til you tell me. Goodyear never made that size in terra tires. I believe so
me else bought the molds and is making them now? Any one else know? I would love a set for Silver Lake. They are not too tall so maybe a 2" lift would be enough.

[FONT=&quot]I ran a set of them on a VW buggy for years. They worked well in both sand and rock, something paddles cannot do. The things were huge, mounted on 15" X 15" rims; I ran tubes and set the air pressure at 4-8 psi, depending on the terrain. This was before bead-locks so the rims were drilled and short sheet metal screws were screwed into the beads of each tire to prevent spinning.
It was amazing where they would take a 900 lb, 85-HP dune buggy at speed.
Things my XJ can only fanaticized about.[/FONT]

Yeah they're great big balloon tires you could just float on the sand and get around pretty such anywhere so i'm told. does anyone know like what website or place you get new terra tires? Because i'm actually been looking all over for them and i can't find them anywhere.

if you do know p.m. me and let me know or if you have a set (4) of them let me know.
Thanks, Jesse

forum_1500.jpg

I'm trying to look for a pair like that but i've looked around everywhere and i can't find any of these new or with even decent tread on them.

If anyone knows where i can find something like these let me know. P.M. me or text me at 971-322-4466.

Thanks, Jesse

Anybody else have experence with these tires?

I ran the classic terra and the tractor tread terra on my CJ5. I ran the tractor cleats backwards for sort of a paddle, forward for mud. If you run the tractor cleats in mud there are two issues. First they can get enough traction to take out a D35. I broke two sets of spider gears doing almost nothing on flat ground in a D27. I ended up going with a custom D44 after that. I used them on two size rims. 13 and 15" wide. If you get them, run the Goodyear natural rubber tubes in them, then you won't need a beadlock. I put a large bend in one of my rims and the tube took it and never leaked. I commonly ran pressures on sand down to 2.5#. Four of the regular treads run backwards will do very well in sand and forward for mud. Not much highway longevity. You can get them at any Goodyear tire store, as well as other larger sizes.

Back