• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

axle quote

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
looking to go disc brakes. a guy said hed take 200 for a whole rear d35 out of a zj. is that reasonable?

not unless you want to weld everything back onto the axle. you could go to the jy and grab a set of discs off a zj and use those for less.

i just looked at your sig, there is no way you should be considering swapping the axle. offer him 50 for just the brake setup, or go to the jy, there is nothig else you want off the axle anyway

its reasonable... but like wolfpack inquired... why do you want a zj d35?
are you looking to disc brake your d44? if so, go crown vic!
dscf0010dy4.jpg

btw, grand cherokee discs may work, but so do crown vics!
and there are PLENTY of crown vics in the junkyard...
its the differance between seeking out a zj unlucky enough to make it to the junkyard... OR finding the crown vic with the wheels allready pulled, or just one that has clean concrete under it....

all i want is the disc set-up. could care less about the rest. i read on here that all i'd need to do is open up the hole and get a spacer. is it that simple?

xcm said:
its reasonable... but like wolfpack inquired... why do you want a zj d35?
are you looking to disc brake your d44? if so, go crown vic!
dscf0010dy4.jpg
How does that rig ride with one shock in the rear? Sorry for the thread jack just caught my eye.

That shock is broken at the shaft... so theres no shocks... but I think that was right after he instaled the axle and still hadnt added shock mount tabs

thats not a shock, in the pic there is no shock mounts.
the thing your looking at is actually a rear brake proportioning valve found in the rear of mj's....

bigpimpinben said:
dig the u-bot eliminators!!!!

Yea! No shocks,..... spring ends clamped maybe to prevent some bouncing and axle wrap and what else new and inventive? I am always looking for new ideas.

Where did you get that axle truss? I have been looking to do something like that to my D44 as well.

keep in mind you have to pop the dif cover to remove the cross shaft so you can remove the c-clips to pull the axles. bring your 1/4 inch 12 point wrench with you if you are going to pull it yourself. i just dropped off my brackets at a machine shop this morning to be drilled to an early D44 pattern.

Back