• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EMERGENCY! Door help!

Dasbrick

NAXJA Forum User
My front driver door is stuck closed. the inside handle is all loose like and the outside feels the same as the other side, just wont open it. it think its in the latching mechanism, since either handle wont open it, also the door doesnt completely unlock, the rocker sits a slight bit above where the passenger door does.

IMMEDIATE HELP REQ'D!

Looks like it's time for the Dukes of Hazzard mod. Weld the door shut and climb thru the window.

In all seriousness, you may just have to mess with the lock with one hand and the door handle with the other til you get something to catch. Get a 2nd person on the outside as well. But from the sounds of it, you just have a busted door, and you should probably take the inside panel off to get a better look at it. It should just pop off (but you may have to get new plastic "rivets" or whatever they're called) to put it back on.

May help to have a friend stand off to the side and push the button while you give the door a whack with your foot from inside. That loosened up a stuck passenger door for me many years ago.

Otherwise, you're going to have to remove the panel.. Enjoy!

Jim www.yuccaman.com

x2 on whacking the door. Jiggling and shaking, too. On mine, every now and then (usually in a public place when I'm in a hurry), I turn the key to unlock it and I can hear the lock click, but the lock doesn't release. Jiggle, jiggle, shake, shake, bang, bang ("Yeah, lady, I'm breaking into this car, call 911 if you want"), jiggle-shake-bang. Then another, very faint click comes, and the door opens fine.

By the way, if your problem is the lock mechanism like mine, buy a tube of graphite powder to lubricate it.

First of all, you said EMERGENCY! Your not locked inside right now, right? Ha, just messin with you. Alot of the "newer" vehicles use plastic clips for the linkage inside the door. It is possible that what has broke or pulled a fancy Jeep trick and came unclipped. If you can get it open, get the panel off and check the linkage in there.

Dont feel too bad, I saw a pretty good looking lady crawling out the passenger door of her ZJ the other day.

live24wheel said:
Dont feel too bad, I saw a pretty good looking lady crawling out the passenger door of her ZJ the other day.

Yeah, but what you didn't notice is that she was mumbling to herself "Notes to self: 1. Dump guy with old ZJ. 2. Start being nice to guy with new Prius."

as mentioned before, wiggle, shake s u push the latch to get the door open, once open check the screws that hold the latch to the end of the door( the part that latches to the striker) mine did the same thing after an hour the door finally came open and the screws had came loose i removed the screws applied loctite and have not had the problem since hth

I'm still hoping he went with my Dukes of Hazzard recommendation....

14 hour have gone by without a response from Dasbrick, maybe he got stuck in the window....

Back